sister wives.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Interested to see how we play without Sacha.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Interested to see how we play without Sacha.

It feels like we have been...
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Robles
Zizzo-Collin-Long-Lade
Felipe
Royer-Davis-Grella
BWP-Gulbrandsen
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

-------------------------------------BWP---------------------Gulbrandsen---------------------------

------------------------------------Felipe---------------------Royer-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------Adams---------------------Davis------------------------------------

-NO IDEA------------------------Collin---------------------Long-----------------------------Zizzo-

--------------------------------------------------Robles-------------------------------------------------

Is Lade ready to contribute at least 60 mins of hard running and defending? If so, let him play.

Didn't like what I saw from Bilyeu. Still think he should play more for RB2 than for the 1st team. 

Sacha. Yikes. 

My belief is that Felipe will take Sacha's spot behind the 2 strikers. As an ex-starter for MTL, Felipe usually lined up behind the strikers when Marsch was the HC there. We all know that his role has changed a lot since that yr, but Felipe has lined up as the "CAM" when he's been subbed in for us, it just doesn't happen a lot. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

-------------------------------------BWP---------------------Gulbrandsen----------------       sub Myul

------------------------------------Davis---------------------Royer-------------------------  sub Grella

-----------------------------------Adams---------------------Felipe ------------------------------------

-Lade  ------------------------Collin---------------------Long-----------------------------Zizzo-

--------------------------------------------------Robles-------------------------------------------------

Early in the season might as well keep testing 4222 but with other personnel.  

Try Davis as CM and give Adams first start of the year.  

3rd sub could be for Lade if needed depending on fitness. 

Missing Sacha, Taxi, Murillo and Etienne.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

-------------------------------------BWP---------------------Gulbrandsen---------------------------

------------------------------------Felipe---------------------Royer-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------Adams---------------------Davis------------------------------------

-NO IDEA------------------------Collin---------------------Long-----------------------------Zizzo-

Is Lade ready to contribute at least 60 mins of hard running and defending? If so, let him play.

Didn't like what I saw from Bilyeu. Still think he should play more for RB2 than for the 1st team. 

Sacha. Yikes. 

My belief is that Felipe will take Sacha's spot behind the 2 strikers. As an ex-starter for MTL, Felipe usually lined up behind the strikers when Marsch was the HC there. We all know that his role has changed a lot since that yr, but Felipe has lined up as the "CAM" when he's been subbed in for us, it just doesn't happen a lot. 

Ya, Lade played the other day for NYRB2.  He's right there as far as cardio and I agree on getting Bilyeu off...

Also like the idea of moving Felipe farther up to get Adams in there.  Outside of that happening, I do think we see this:

----Gulbrandsen-BWP

Royer----------------Grella

-----Felipe--Davis

Lade-Long-Collin-Zizzo

Footie17

Footie17

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Portugal, Donuts

Agree with the idea with getting Adams out there. Not sure if we do it in a 4-2-2-2 or a 4-2-3-1, but this is the time to do it with it being early in the season and the call-ups. If last year's 1-6 start didn't turn into the Eastern title I wouldn't feel this way, but last year taught me to be patient so I'm all for some experimentation. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Would love to see Adams out there. He can face his U20 teammates

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Sacha. Yikes. 

Felipe started at CAM for us twice last year so it wouldn't be so weird to do. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Agree with the idea with getting Adams out there. Not sure if we do it in a 4-2-2-2 or a 4-2-3-1, but this is the time to do it with it being early in the season and the call-ups. If last year's 1-6 start didn't turn into the Eastern title I wouldn't feel this way, but last year taught me to be patient so I'm all for some experimentation. 

I'd take Adams over Bilyeu at LEFT BACK in a heartbeat.  Or throw Zizzo over there and play him at RB.  Not where I want to play him long term at all, but I don't want to see Bilyeu for a while.  He either needs more time to develop or he just isn't cut out for this level.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

I said it in the game thread, but Bilyeu's main problem is that he can not think quickly enough for the professional level yet.  It was evident in a lot of plays, especially in the turnover that led to the goal where Zizzo got nutmegged.  Bilyeu had the ball on the left side but took too long with it. Rather than pass quickly, dribble, or even kick it out of bounds , he got disposessed and a counter started the other way. i am not sure if this is due to lack of experience or if he will never be able to fully make the jump to the pro level. however, i don't see the same problem with other young guys like Davis or Etienne.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I said it in the game thread, but Bilyeu's main problem is that he can not think quickly enough for the professional level yet.  It was evident in a lot of plays, especially in the turnover that led to the goal where Zizzo got nutmegged.  Bilyeu had the ball on the left side but took too long with it. Rather than pass quickly, dribble, or even kick it out of bounds , he got disposessed and a counter started the other way. i am not sure if this is due to lack of experience or if he will never be able to fully make the jump to the pro level. however, i don't see the same problem with other young guys like Davis or Etienne.

Davis and Etienne are the product of an academy system.  Bilyeu played high school ball exclusively if I'm not mistaken.  I mean no disrespect, but I would hope our academy is training players at a higher and more intense level than any high school in America.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Sure, Zizzo's better. Just a little bit, though. We are just stuck for this week or so. I've always wanted squad rotation, so be it. Ya never know, Adams is fresh off a U20 qualifying win. Let him shine. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Real Salt Lake dismisses head coach Jeff Cassar: http://bit.ly/170320...sCassar?…

Wouldn't it be some shit if Petke got the RSL job on an interim basis and his first game is at RBA...

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users