89 replies to this topic

General Robles

General Robles

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Supports:New York, Newcastle, Palermo
My, how a 2-0 win over the Scum in a pretty solid all around performance can get me feeling better about this club. We have a golden opportunity with 2 more home games, albeit against teams that appear to be much improved from last year. But, assuming Jesse sticks with the 4-2-3-1, I like our chances with the confidence that should be gained from the performance yesterday.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Yeah, now that we're going with the 4-2-3-1, I think we are better than any team we play against.  Just comes down to finishing or not finishing.

-------------BWP-----------

ROyer---Sacha--Mwheel

-----Adams--Felipe

Taxi Long COllin Lade

Zizzo has been acceptable this year for the most part, so I won't hate it if he has to play again.  Gulbrandsen definitely off the bench.  I wonder if they'll try to play him on the outside at all just to see if he can do it.  But I also don't mind him constantly spelling BWP either.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Never know with injuries. Sacha gets hurt and its Veron and Felipe trading off in his spot - or Jesse goes back to the 4-2-2-2

Sure, no guarantees, and I think Veron could be a good player for us. Just don't expect him to get another real chance unless we get hit with a rash of injuries. Sacha gets hurt: starting 3 IMs are Felipe/Adams/Davis, with Veron rarely playing (maybe cup games or 5-10 minutes off the bench). He probably gets a run of games only if one of the other 3 gets injured in May when Adams is off on U20 duty.

4222: front two pecking order is roughly BWP/Gulbrandsen/Royer/Etienne/Muyl/Grella/Veron.

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Veron is a forward and should not be on the wings. Use him as a late game replacement for BWP in the 4-2-3-1 or starting next to BWP in the 4-2-2-2. Putting him out on the wing is a waste of his skillset and not good for our team.

I still think we need to be able to play multiple lineups to adjust to opposition. Too often as we've seen in the past, the 4-2-3-1 can be stopped with Sacha and BWP becoming isolated and ineffective. I'm excited for this game as it will be a good test of where we are. Berhalter is also a pretty decent coach so I'm curious to see how he will set his team up to counter our press. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,624 posts

Doyle article on each MLS teams needs.

http://www.mlssoccer...ns-22-mls-teams

maybe we could pull a Collin with Columbus' new CB DP signing Jonathan Menseh if they want to off-load someone they think isn't fitting.  Granted Menseh would need to get it back together as apparently he has been beat a few times and got red carded.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Doyle article on each MLS teams needs.

http://www.mlssoccer...ns-22-mls-teams

maybe we could pull a Collin with Columbus' new CB DP signing Jonathan Menseh if they want to off-load someone they think isn't fitting.  Granted Menseh would need to get it back together as apparently he has been beat a few times and got red carded.

That would be neat, but they're not going to cut bait after 3 bad games! Sounds like he's had a rough start, but he's a 26/27yo int'l player with loads of int'l experience - chances are he'll be good for them soon.

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

BWP

Royer     Sacha    MWheel

Adams    Felipe

Lawrence Long Collin Zizzo

Yes Zizzo. Hasn't been horrible and I like him going forward. Whether he keeps it up let's see but I think you keep the same lineup as last game and if he shits the bed you slide Lade into that role. Don't know about that Murillo guy but I think we are good for now in that position. Attack, score early and keep pressing. Keep doing the things that made you successful the last past couple of years. Guldberson, Davis and Grella (If hes fit) as subs. Can't see why we can't walk away with another 3 points from this one.

LONG LIVE METRO

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Can't see why we can't walk away with another 3 points from this one.

A: Individual defensive mistakes and no finishing.

Royer has to start hitting the frame and he has to know that. There are a lot of guys waiting to take his spot now.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa
Pow Pow Power Mwheel
(For the 80s babies)

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,629 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Murillo has to get used to the play here, but he def has some skills, and he's a big dude. Remember Oyongo started out with a "reserve" squad, but ended up starting later that season. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Stick with what got you to the dance. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Insert another cliche here. 4-2-3-1 it is and should be. 

Agree we have to play the 4-2-3-1, but don't expect better results come playoffs if the wing play doesn't get significantly better.

And any chance we see Davis before the U20 World Cup?  Hate that he's getting buried.  Adams has played better, but Davis deserves some minutes.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Agree we have to play the 4-2-3-1, but don't expect better results come playoffs if the wing play doesn't get significantly better.

And any chance we see Davis before the U20 World Cup?  Hate that he's getting buried.  Adams has played better, but Davis deserves some minutes.

i wouldnt mind putting Davis and Adams as the 2 box to box mids, and felipe as the #10 in front of them (sacha to the bench)

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,629 posts

Davis will get plenty of PT while Adams is gone for the U20s and possibly if Sacha is gone for Gold Cup. It's prob why Metzger was given a 1st team contract as cover. 

"Metro..."

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Davis will get plenty of PT while Adams is gone for the U20s and possibly if Sacha is gone for Gold Cup. It's prob why Metzger was given a 1st team contract as cover. 

When do the U20s leave for camp? He probably deserves some minutes before that.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,629 posts

I agree, but i don't think he gets a start unless Adams is gone for the U20s. And since Sacha's picked up his form somewhat, I think he gets selected for Gold Cup. Possible that's 6 starts that he'll get minimum. 

"Metro..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users