Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

All U22 spots, 9 alleged supplemental roster spots, and 13 senior roster spots are occupied. Can only squeeze 1 more player into a Supplemental spot, unless another Supplemental roster player is given a senior contract (allegedly Amaya is one). We hopefully will have 18 senior roster players before the opening match.

Since it's official with Gutman, this is what we're prob dealing with if Nashville (or whoever) manages to snag Davis

----------Klimala 

---------x Morgan

--------Yearwood x

-x Reyes Long Nealis x

----------Coronel

Meara Monzon Tolkin Nealis Casseres Carmona Omir Edelman Sowe

_____

I'd be fine if the subs bench was this. Just need 4 starters 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

All U22 spots, 9 alleged supplemental roster spots, and 13 senior roster spots are occupied. Can only squeeze 1 more player into a Supplemental spot, unless another Supplemental roster player is given a senior contract (allegedly Amaya is one). We hopefully will have 18 senior roster players before the opening match.

Since it's official with Gutman, this is what we're prob dealing with if Nashville (or whoever) manages to snag Davis

----------Klimala 
---------x Morgan
--------Yearwood x
-x Reyes Long Nealis x
----------Coronel

Meara Monzon Tolkin Nealis Casseres Carmona Omir Edelman Sowe
_____

I'd be fine if the subs bench was this. Just need 4 starters 

You really think tolkin wont be in the LB position next season? His position is cemented with gutman staying in Atlanta. Also, cassares will be starting for Davis if he doesnt return.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

There you go
You would think of all players and home growns they would want to keep at least 1 around (besides Meara)

Omir and Tolkin

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

You really think tolkin wont be in the LB position next season? His position is cemented with gutman staying in Atlanta. Also, cassares will be starting for Davis if he doesnt return.

You can pencil Tolkin in at LWB, either way they are going to need a viable backup/rotational player.

I guess at the moment CCJ gets penciled in next to Yearwood. Davis isnt a 6 but hes more of a 6 than either of those two, so that pairing is still a bit of a predicament. Dont think either guy is suited to be the stay at home central midfielder.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Klimala
Morgan TBDDP
Davis Yearwood
Tolkin TBD
Long Nealis Reyes
Colonel

Id go into next season pretty confident in a lineup like this. Realistically though, were probably looking at TAM AM and CCJ in for Davis. Hope they get the RWB role right.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

If we're lucky to get Edwards back, I'd rather get a guy on loan at minimum to fill the LB/LWB slot. Ya figure the teaem will play 35+ matches all season, no harm in splitting the minutes with Tolkin. I just don't want Pendant to be an option to get playing time at all. 

Keeping Davis would be a coup at this point, holding out hope that they can keep him, but they'd still need to have another CDM on the roster in addition to Edelman. 

Best case scenario we'd get a player to play alongside Morgan and behind Klimala. If there's still the "Young DP" rule or something, use that. And use the other DP slot similarly to fill Davis' spot if he bolts via free agency. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I thought morgan was a rb. They kept highlighting his ability to do longballs and crosses. He is not going to do that as an attacking midfielder

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I thought morgan was a rb. They kept highlighting his ability to do longballs and crosses. He is not going to do that as an attacking midfielder

our 10s in the 3-4-2-1 set up drift wide alot to combine with wingback.  will have a good amount of crossing opportunities.  But i think the main stat highlighted was he was the best U25 creator in MLS during the last 2 years

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

He played as an attacker (not sure if central or out wide) for Miami in 2020, then a fullback in 2021. Miami fans are pretty much unanimous that he was better as an attacker.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

13 senior roster players.

9 Supplemental roster players.

Slight update to the hypothetical 18:

------------Klimala

----Casseres Morgan

---------Yearwood x

-x Reyes Long Nealis x

-----------Coronel

Meara Monzon Nealis Tolkin Carmona Omir Amaya Edelman Barlow

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

13 senior roster players.

9 Supplemental roster players.

Slight update to the hypothetical 18:

------------Klimala

----Casseres Morgan

---------Yearwood x

-x Reyes Long Nealis x

-----------Coronel

Meara Monzon Nealis Tolkin Carmona Omir Amaya Edelman Barlow

I think we can pencil Tolkin on the left. Still skill lacking starting line-up and no bench either. Brutal.

Could look like this too:

------------Klimala

----x x Morgan

---------Yearwood Casseres

Tolkin  Long Nealis x

-----------Coronel

I think we still need #10, another attacking player like Taxi, and Right back. Plus a lot more depth, the bench is just garbage. Brutal.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I'm not sure how much I love a CCJ-Yearwood partnership. They're both excellent players on a good day. But they are also both inconsistent and can be wildcards out on the field. Davis worked well with Yearwood because he was a reliable anchor that gave Yearwood a much longer leash to chase the play.

Ideally for me, Thelwell signs a lockdown holding midfielder and CCJ/Yearwood split minutes next to them.

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

sign a DP #6 and taxi. we need another striker too, i think. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

I'm not sure how much I love a CCJ-Yearwood partnership. They're both excellent players on a good day. But they are also both inconsistent and can be wildcards out on the field. Davis worked well with Yearwood because he was a reliable anchor that gave Yearwood a much longer leash to chase the play.

Ideally for me, Thelwell signs a lockdown holding midfielder and CCJ/Yearwood split minutes next to them.

Yeah, we will need another good CDM either way - with international duty, injuries, and yellow/red cards these two guys missed a lot of games. It's not like Davis who played every minute. We will end up needing two guys to replace Sean - another signing you talk about AND CCJ/Yearwood. Man that was a big loss. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

I think Casseres is better further up the field, but is he what we want to partner Morgan, tho? He'd be a great first option off the bench, unless he gets sold or something. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users