Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Why is RB not playing this guy? He will immediately make Long or Perinelle look better. Guy was so good for us last year and stabilized our defense after we got him. How can he not be the leader of our so-called defense? What is going on?

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

He looked terrible in the Vancouver series.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Well then DP had a bad game in Seattle so I guess Collin should be back up right? 

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

He did, but we know what his ceiling is and its way higher than any of the other CB's. Let him find his rhythm, can't have him on the bench much longer.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

He did, but we know what his ceiling is and its way higher than any of the other CB's. Let him find his rhythm, can't have him on the bench much longer.

Exactly... Dude has a couple of rough games (and i'm not even sure he was that bad in the first game) and people want to bury him.  He's our best centerback.

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Exactly... Dude has a couple of rough games (and i'm not even sure he was that bad in the first game) and people want to bury him.  He's our best centerback.

People are crazy.  He moves into the box on set pieces as good as anyone we have had from the fullback position as well.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

I would really like to hear reporters ask Marsch what is up?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
The one guy we spend a bit on to keep and he gets burried on the bench for reasons only known by our coach. It figures.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

The one guy we spend a bit on to keep and he gets burried on the bench for reasons only known by our coach. It figures.

The coach shouldn't be telling us the reasons... Any reason is only going to make Collin look bad and that hurts everything..  I'm sure Marsch communicated any reasons to Collin.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The coach shouldn't be telling us the reasons... Any reason is only going to make Collin look bad and that hurts everything..  I'm sure Marsch communicated any reasons to Collin.

It may not do much good to throw Collin under the bus publicly, but there's gotta be some level of accountability to the fans. Collin's new contract was heralded as one of the few successes of the off-season, I think its pretty fair to ask what's going on.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Posted in another thread, but could it be he's in the doghouse for not showing up for preseason and then looking terrible in the CCL?

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I'm a huge Collin fan but...

In the preseason game vs NYCFC, he gave up a PK and probably could have had two others called.

Jesse gave him a pass and he stunk it up in CCL. If he still looked bad in practice I get not playing him.

Hope he rebounds soon.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

reyes7

reyes7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Supports:rbny

Maybe they are trying to replicate his 2016 season. He sat for most of March & April and then came out fresh when he arrived here. 

zeelimit

zeelimit

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York

One reason that I have heard is that with the new formation, Marsch needs CBs that can handle the ball well. The fullbacks are now up the field acting as wingers, so they can't do it. Collin is not as good dealing with the ball. Not a fan of the formation and Collin being benched is another reason to scuttle it.

At Saturday's post-match press conference, a reporter asked Marsch whether he would consider going to a 3-5-2. Marsch blew him off. "We are always considering different formations." But this formation would get Collin in the line up and would deal with the distribution issues.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

One reason that I have heard is that with the new formation, Marsch needs CBs that can handle the ball well. The fullbacks are now up the field acting as wingers, so they can't do it. Collin is not as good dealing with the ball. Not a fan of the formation and Collin being benched is another reason to scuttle it.

At Saturday's post-match press conference, a reporter asked Marsch whether he would consider going to a 3-5-2. Marsch blew him off. "We are always considering different formations." But this formation would get Collin in the line up and would deal with the distribution issues.

Well I'm glad we're playing a formation that minimizes the impact of our best attacker, midfielder, and defender then.  If it's on Red Bull, that's typical Red Bull bullshit, but if Marsch is actually looking at the team objectively and saying "yeah, this seems like a good idea", I really think we're giving him way too much credit as a coach.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users