Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Everyone on int'l duty is back, with Baah, Grella and Veron out due to injury, I assume? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Everyone on int'l duty is back, with Baah, Grella and Veron out due to injury, I assume? 

Baah is out for the season. Veron pretty much too if you think about it.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Well at least Gulbrandsen looks ready to contribute to the attack, because I'm not seeing where else its coming from this year. Our lack of end product from the wingers has been a problem since last summer but was really highlighted yesterday. Muyl should have had a few assists if he could play a decent cross, and I'm starting to get Nagbe-esque vibes from Royer as far as his composure near the box. Long gone are the days of Grella and Sam pitching in 10G/10A each.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Well at least Gulbrandsen looks ready to contribute to the attack, because I'm not seeing where else its coming from this year. Our lack of end product from the wingers has been a problem since last summer but was really highlighted yesterday. Muyl should have had a few assists if he could play a decent cross, and I'm starting to get Nagbe-esque vibes from Royer as far as his composure near the box. Long gone are the days of Grella and Sam pitching in 10G/10A each.

Our lack of diversity in creating chances and cashing them in is our biggest problem this season imo.  Because now teams can just play Sacha out of the game, when they know the rest of the team cannot pull their weight.  Defense will eventually work itself out because we have some options that still haven't place much plus the replacement player for Baah hopefully.  Attacking wise, unless Veron really changes things everyone we have right now is a secondary option, with no one to drive attacks

To be fair to Muyl BWP missed that header he put on a platter for him, but in general you are right, Muyl is not the type of winger that creates a lot of chances when teams park the bus against you.  He brings work rate, defensive pressure, athleticism and his running in the channels but crossing from him has never been good.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Our lack of diversity in creating chances and cashing them in is our biggest problem this season imo.  Because now teams can just play Sacha out of the game, when they know the rest of the team cannot pull their weight.  Defense will eventually work itself out because we have some options that still haven't place much plus the replacement player for Baah hopefully.  Attacking wise, unless Veron really changes things everyone we have right now is a secondary option, with no one to drive attacks

To be fair to Muyl BWP missed that header he put on a platter for him, but in general you are right, Muyl is not the type of winger that creates a lot of chances when teams park the bus against you.  He brings work rate, defensive pressure, athleticism and his running in the channels but crossing from him has never been good.

Yeah, guys aren't passing well enough outside of Sacha... THat has to improve.  But Gulbrandsen is someone that teams are gonna have to be concerned about.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Houston? We have a problem. (That problem is the fact that we didn't sign impact players during the offseason.)

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Muyl created another early chance on the right (before the BWP miss) and had that turn and shot late which the keeper saved. He didn't set the world alight but had a decent game offensively.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Muyl created another early chance on the right (before the BWP miss) and had that turn and shot late which the keeper saved. He didn't set the world alight but had a decent game offensively.

Agreed. Muyl played decently last game. Only looked bad to some because the team in general doesn't create enough.  But that has never been his role

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Muyl failed to convert that sweet pass from Adams. But he was surprised it went through.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Gotta think we see this:

----Gulbrandsen---BWP

Royer------------------Sacha

------Adams--Felipe

Taxi Long Collin Lade

(Please Collin??) He gets paid more than DP so one has to think that Marsch sees him more as a starter.  If his form didn't look great before then so be it but I didn't think he was playing THAT bad.  HIs mobility looks no different than it has as well.

But if we go that lineup, I really like our chances.  Just need guys to stay healthy to further get chemistry and continuity.  Gulbrandsen can play... Don't need to be smart to see that. Just need him to get on the same page with everyone around him.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

maybe davis for felipe?

remember, of all the CMs Adams has played alongside the most as a contracted player to RBNY, it's Davis. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

maybe davis for felipe?

remember, of all the CMs Adams has played alongside the most as a contracted player to RBNY, it's Davis. 

I'd like to see that but I can't remember the last time Felipe was available and didn't start. Certainly didn't happen last year.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

I'd like to see that but I can't remember the last time Felipe was available and didn't start. Certainly didn't happen last year.

Jesse loves Felipe, like Ali loves pants, Petke loves sweaters, etc.. w/o injury Felipe plays

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users