Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Struber has used 4-4-2 diamond and 3-5-2 from what others have said, that's why we're all guessing what a typical idea what an XI would look like. After all, we have yet to actually see what the team looks like on the field, hence even more guessing. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Watching Davis acting in such a leadership role during the All Access thing for the DC game makes me think that he's not coming out of the lineup a ton.  Think we can pencil him in at the 6 spot.  Lineup below is when when we have everyone.

--------Klimala--Fabio

--------------Clark

------Amaya----Yearwood

-------------Davis

Gutman-Reyes-Long-Edwards

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Was hoping that Diarra could snag a starting spot. We'll see if he does. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Watching Davis acting in such a leadership role during the All Access thing for the DC game makes me think that he's not coming out of the lineup a ton.  Think we can pencil him in at the 6 spot.  Lineup below is when when we have everyone.

--------Klimala--Fabio

--------------Clark

------Amaya----Yearwood

-------------Davis

If Diarra can stay healthy, I see him breaking in at that 6. Looks like 2 deep all positions with not a big drop off at all on depth chart  (maybe excluding CB). 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

--------Klimala--Fabio

--------------Clark

------Amaya----Yearwood

-------------Davis

i expect this to be the lineup by June assuming no injuries.  With 5 subs lots of others should still play a lot.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Ill be as patient as possible but weve been saying for the last 2 years that Davis has no business playing as a lone #6 and here we are going into the season looking like Davis is cemented into that position.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Ill be as patient as possible but weve been saying for the last 2 years that Davis has no business playing as a lone #6 and here we are going into the season looking like Davis is cemented into that position.

I think there is a chance it can work if he is supported with more athletic CMs / 8s in this formation.  A lineup with him Casseres and Valot is not ideal long term.  But if you have Yearwood/Amaya/Diarra/Harper level athletes it may work.  Will get some clarity now that we have games to watch.

If in August we are trotting out same lineup as the DC scrimmage team then we are in trouble.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I think there is a chance it can work if he is supported with more athletic CMs / 8s in this formation.  A lineup with him Casseres and Valot is not ideal long term.  But if you have Yearwood/Amaya/Diarra/Harper level athletes it may work.  Will get some clarity now that we have games to watch.

If in August we are trotting out same lineup as the DC scrimmage team then we are in trouble.

Exactly.   Davis is positionally pretty good.  If he's supported by two ball winners in Amaya/Yearwood/Diarra then I think this could definitely work. 

Real Madrid

Real Madrid

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Supports:Metros and Real Madrid

Best part of the lineups we are all coming up with is that no one in including Valot, Casseres, Fernandez, Barlow or White as starters... last year's team was very lacking in talent.  No guarantees that everyone we signed will pan out but at least with all these new faces we have a shot at turning things around.

I still think Royer and Davis will play a big part.

As for defense we have a lot of interchangeable pieces.  Injuries and fitness will determine who ends up starting long term but I feel good about the ten players we have to chose from there.  

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Our captain Sean Davis is on WDHA at 8 o'clock

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Just looking at some Fabio and Klimala highlights:

● Fábio ● Oeste ● 2019 ● - YouTube

Patryk Klimala ● Polish Wonderkid - Striker ● Welcome to Celtic FC! ● 2020 - YouTube

If these guys can get on the same page and start a partnership (which is a big if), that's going to be a dangerous striker combo... if only based on size and speed. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

I think so. Klimala could very well be prolific/productive with the change of scenery. Fabio is intriguing as well. Much more re-assuring than hoping White and Barlow can get the job done. 

Bkyoungboss

Bkyoungboss

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
With the numbers he had at Celtic if he played a 32 game season 90 mins per game he would have at least 15-16 goals I would take that any season

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

With the numbers he had at Celtic if he played a 32 game season 90 mins per game he would have at least 15-16 goals I would take that any season

A general vibe amongst Celtic fans apparently was that he wasnt given much of a chance there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users