Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Keystone cops goal!!!!

Fire's second was too.

Barlow at the end... smh.

Last 3 goals in the game scored from about 6 feet combined?

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
I cant do it anymore with the but Barlow does so much right crowd. Barlow is horrendous. Thats my takeaway from tonight. I though we played ok. I just dont ever want to see him in a RB shirt again

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Pendant isn't good enough. He can't pass and his vision is awful. He's also somewhat error prone. Would not be angry at all if we move on from him this offseason

I think he was Thelwell's 1st signing. I think he stays, but leaves next July. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Its hard for me to give too much issue for Pendant signing because Seagrist was so bad we had to get somebody ASAP and he was a free transfer.  Pendant is decent but as mentioned is vision is poor.  he can actually hit a good ball (i.e. cross he played to Barlow in 1st half) but the second he is pressured he has no ideas about what to do with the ball. 

Realisically we probably move on from him when Tolkin is ready but i wont lose any sleep if he was gone anytime sooner. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

I still contest that fact, because Hamlett was quoted in the press release. Thelwell, Yearwood and Tetteh. Thelwell had been here for a month when the signing was announced but I wonder if Fernie and Hamlett did the leg work on that one.

https://www.newyorkr...r-jason-pendant

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

If you found a way to merge White's finishing ability with Barlow's athleticism you'd have a world class striker. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I keep being impressed by Clark especially the fact that he's 17
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

They didn't show the angle exactly in line with the last defender but it looked like Duncan was keeping him onside at the time of the cross/shot

Thanks, that's exactly what it was - Duncan was to the left of the camera away from the play keeping him onside.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
I'm standing pat on my season prediction since day 1 - we get into playoffs and do not win a game.

Anyone with any mls experience knows DP 9 is the way you get far in this league.

Beyond that you need an industrious and physical #2. We have 4 ST on this roster inc tetteh who have all looked USL quality this year and last night was a perfect example, too many missed chances even when we score it's border line sad. I like white and Barlow but truth is they just aren't good enough. We still have hope of getting into top 6 which gives us a bye but again with how we are playing does anyone expect us to win 2 out of 3 games against Revs, Smurfs, and TFC.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

There's a lot to admire about Barlow's hustle and he's shown flashes of quality with his passing and runs, but he just lacks finishing skills unfortunately.

Stroud is a great player. He creates chances when he is out there. If Barrow could finish, his stats wouod be amazing.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Tie away is a good result
Better with only 10 on the field as Barlow and Tetteh count as 1 player unfortunately - hustle for Barlow aside
I mean he is still better than Chicharito... 😉
And our best chance creator kaku was out

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

my season prediction since day 1 - we get into playoffs and do not win a game.

General consensus here, I think.
Would like to be pleasantly surprised.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

https://twitter.com/...4292214787?s=21

"

bSJ7CBlt_bigger.jpg
Brian White is the fourth player in MLS history, period, to score goals in stoppage time in consecutive games. Danny Royer actually also did it last year, scoring the second goal in 2-0 victories on both occasions"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users