sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Fuck Lloyd Sam. Yeah, I said it.

It's posts like this that make me wish MF would add a dislike button.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Saw a hispanic kid wearing a DCU shirt here in Philly. Unsure what to make of it.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Wouldn't bother me if he scored and rubbed it in Marsch's or Ali's face.  Really wished we had shipped him out to Vancouver.

Sam for Poku was discussed.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Right in line with what he was doing here this season...  Still don't understand why people were freaking out like we traded some gem away.  I know he is a great guy, but you can never run your team based on things like that.  That said, I fully expect him to be involved in a goal this game.  Just the way sports work.

-----------BWP-------------
Grella---Sacha----Muyl
-----Felipe---Davis
Taxi-Collin--Zubar--Duvall

Royer and Damari both in this game as subs.  Royer gets his first minutes and Damari is just damn good so we have to get him involved every game.  Maybe Adams or Veron as the next subs.

I think we should give Demari a few more games before we can act like he is a world beater.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I think we should give Demari a few more games before we can act like he is a world beater.

Quit being so negative and harshing everyone's vibe.  He is going to score a million goals, just accept it.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Royer is available for selection according to the twitters. Would love:

BWP

Veron - SK16 - Royer

Davis -Felipe

Lawrence - Colin - Zubar (Ugh) - Duvall

Ironman

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

I think this rivalry game needs players who really care about the team, area and understand the importance of beating dc and that is not Royer or Veron or Damari. Start Grella and Muyl and make appropriate subs, starting a guy who has not played a minute for this team sounds against the spirit of this team. The new guys will get their chance but let's not experiment vs DC, please. Standard lineup and let's see some passion and  of yeah FUCK DC!

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Joe x Joe

Joe x Joe

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Marsch already said Royer and Damari won't start but will be available off the bench. We'll see the regular lineup w/ Muyl and Grella out wide. I'd rather see Veron playing for Muyl but considering he didn't play in Concacaf he's sure to start. Muyl covers a ton of ground but doesn't add much attacking.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I think this rivalry game needs players who really care about the team, area and understand the importance of beating dc and that is not Royer or Veron or Damari. Start Grella and Muyl and make appropriate subs, starting a guy who has not played a minute for this team sounds against the spirit of this team. The new guys will get their chance but let's not experiment vs DC, please. Standard lineup and let's see some passion and  of yeah FUCK DC!

Totally agree. We laid a total egg down there in May. Let the usual guys go out there and exact their revenge on the Scum.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

My issue with this if we win games in the REGULAR season with Muyl starting, no one will ever want to give Royer minutes.  The old "Don't fix what ain't broke".  But what can happen is what happened last year.  We never gave Veron any real regular season minutes and then when the playoffs came teams just sat back and watched Grella and Sam NOT beat them.  But Marsch hadn't integrated Veron enough nor did he give him enough playoff minutes to really influence any of the games (although he did have the assist to seal the DC series).

Not saying it has to be this week, but if we have players with better skills than Grella and Muyl, they need to be playing so we are a well oiled machine come playoff time.  I don't think this team needs to be fixed, I just think we can be even better.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

My issue with this if we win games in the REGULAR season with Muyl starting, no one will ever want to give Royer minutes.  The old "Don't fix what ain't broke".  But what can happen is what happened last year.  We never gave Veron any real regular season minutes and then when the playoffs came teams just sat back and watched Grella and Sam NOT beat them.  But Marsch hadn't integrated Veron enough nor did he give him enough playoff minutes to really influence any of the games (although he did have the assist to seal the DC series).

Not saying it has to be this week, but if we have players with better skills than Grella and Muyl, they need to be playing so we are a well oiled machine come playoff time.  I don't think this team needs to be fixed, I just think we can be even better.

Yup this is the MLS, every game is a preparation for October. Rotating is key now so everyone is ready to go by playoff time if the match up lends itself to certain personnel

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

27 players have played for both team.  Why dump on Sam, who didn't want to go there?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

27 players have played for both team.  Why dump on Sam, who didn't want to go there?

I think the same reason we got rid of Olave after two great seasons, to get some value while there's still some left in aging legs.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics

I think the same reason we got rid of Olave after two great seasons, to get some value while there's still some left in aging legs.

exactly. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

vflkirwan

vflkirwan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Metro/VfL Wolfsburg und die US Boys

Um,  Jake isnt asking why the team dumped Sam.   He is asking why fans want to dump ON Sam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users