RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

https://www.prosocce...of-2019-season/

It would be helpful to know what changes they are making that would cause the disruption to seating, ticketing,  and concessions.  Certainly plugging in a couple bigger video displays wouldn't cause all that.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

thanks for the link.   glad to hear/read that they are putting some $ for upgrades.  

Excellence Not Expectations

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
https://www.newyorkr...nce-2019-season on their website too and they just sent out the emails.

I like the scoreboard updates. I always thought the scoreboards were meh even when it opened in 2010.

Im not a fan of the mobile only option, especially for season ticket holders. I thought the card system that they have had in place is a much better option and I'm disappointed they are going this route.

More cashless options is whatever. It really doesn't take long to give someone change and I doubt it reduces wait times all that much to begin with.

Don't get me wrong it's still the best place to watch a game from the stands but the stadiums biggest flaw is that the concourses were simply not built wide enough to support that many people to begin with let alone when everyone is trying to go there during halftime or at the end of a game when it's a sold out or really crowded crowd.

I'd also really like for them to put some damn air conditioning in the bathrooms so it's not a sauna in there when it's hot out.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts

https://www.newyorkr...nce-2019-season on their website too and they just sent out the emails.

I like the scoreboard updates. I always thought the scoreboards were meh even when it opened in 2010.

Im not a fan of the mobile only option, especially for season ticket holders. I thought the card system that they have had in place is a much better option and I'm disappointed they are going this route.

More cashless options is whatever. It really doesn't take long to give someone change and I doubt it reduces wait times all that much to begin with. The stadiums biggest flaw is that the concourses were simply not built wide enough to support that many people to begin with let alone when everyone is trying to go there during halftime or at the end of a game when it's a sold out or really crowded crowd.

I HATE mobile only options.    Half the stadium can't find their seats; making them manage tickets on their phones will be a big dissatisfier for many.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts

I HATE mobile only options.    Half the stadium can't find their seats; making them manage tickets on their phones will be a big dissatisfier for many.

Well the article doesn't make this clear but didn't the ticket machines at the entrance print out a piece of paper with the seat location on it? I remember seeing it but I've never had to do it since I've always just been a season ticket holder anyway and have only used the card or pdf print outs.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
I always thought mobile-only was to discourage use of third party ticket reselling websites.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

mobile only will probably deter some casual fans, but at least the scalpers will probably take a hit.

also did anyone see that they are reducing the # of seats?

"Due to current and upcoming venue enhancements, select sections of Red Bull Arena will be closed, flexing capacity down during the 2019 season."

i bet that means the upper corners...wonder what our new capacity will be

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts

mobile only will probably deter some casual fans, but at least the scalpers will probably take a hit.

also did anyone see that they are reducing the # of seats?

"Due to current and upcoming venue enhancements, select sections of Red Bull Arena will be closed, flexing capacity down during the 2019 season."

i bet that means the upper corners...wonder what our new capacity will be

still more than we will ever sell

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts

There's no way scalpers are making enough money off this team to begin with. Besides the nycfc games, which have seen the attendance drop more and more I just can't imagine they are making any money off Red Bulls season tickets to begin with.

Hell it's hard to sell my seats in 101 for face value some games.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

I just talked to my rep. They can mail you hard tickets from your season ticket account or they can print out tickets on your account at the box office. I dont like mobile tickets. What if my phone breaks while I get too drunk while tailgating, what if my battery dies, what if I have to send my ticket out to somebody and he/she doesnt have a smartphone or refuses to download the Ticketmaster/ RB app. 

I am also skeptical why they will be temporarily removing seats in the seating bowl to do the renovations that have nothing to do with the seating bowl. Maybe this is an excuse to lower the capacity of the stadium to increase ticket prices.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Well the article doesn't make this clear but didn't the ticket machines at the entrance print out a piece of paper with the seat location on it? I remember seeing it but I've never had to do it since I've always just been a season ticket holder anyway and have only used the card or pdf print outs.

They do that in Las Vegas for the Vegas Golden Knights. That is for mobile only venues. RBA is still not a mobile only venue. They are getting rid of the PDF files, but you can still buy a ticket at the box office and it will be printed. If you have season tickets you can opt for hard tickets to be mailed to you as well if you call your rep. If you dont have a mobile phone and you buy your tickets that are mobile only they can look them up through a confirmation number at the box office. You can still sell mobile only tickets on stubhub using a screenshot of the mobile ticket or you can have stubhub send you the mobile phone number/email address of the buyer so you can send them a link to retrieve your sold tickets as well using the ticketmaster transfer system. There will be many ways to still use the secondary market but it will be easier to use the Red Bull ticketmaster Ticketexchange built into our season ticket accounts.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I doubt that anyone has the seats that are being deleted. 

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts

I just talked to my rep. They can mail you hard tickets from your season ticket account or they can print out tickets on your account at the box office. I dont like mobile tickets. What if my phone breaks while I get too drunk while tailgating, what if my battery dies, what if I have to send my ticket out to somebody and he/she doesnt have a smartphone or refuses to download the Ticketmaster/ RB app. 

I am also skeptical why they will be temporarily removing seats in the seating bowl to do the renovations that have nothing to do with the seating bowl. Maybe this is an excuse to lower the capacity of the stadium to increase ticket prices.

Even if they if they don't  want to print out tickets... what was wrong with my Red Card?

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts

I doubt that anyone has the seats that are being deleted. 

Even if they did, there is probably language in the season tickets agreement saying how you can lose your seat locations if future renovations occur. I know for a fact the NJ Devils have that language in their agreement.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Updated screens: Great.

Reduced Capacity: Good. We don't sell out anyway. But I can't imagine the construction actually requiring this. Feels more like an "excuse" for us to lower the capacity and give higher % full attendance numbers. 

Cashless Apps: Good to have this  option. Would still like to have the option to pay in cash if we want to though. Phone could easily die by halftime.

Mobile Ticketing: Don't like this at all. I thought the STH card was perfect. Now you have to worry about your phone having battery, working, having connection, ect ect. And what about when the ushers ask for your seat number? Gonna hafta pull out your phone, load the app. Come on...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users