377 replies to this topic

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Even if they if they don't  want to print out tickets... what was wrong with my Red Card?

Yeah, I thought the red card was really cool, and it's much easier to have it on me and hand it out to whoever I'm bringing on a particular day than having to hassle people with installing apps, scanning barcodes, etc. Have apps as an alternative but keep existing options if people are happy with them. /old man yells at cloud

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

side note - are these stadium upgrades being done with Tyler Adams money?  Since we have to reinvest into the club, would this count?

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Updated screens: Great.

Reduced Capacity: Good. We don't sell out anyway. But I can't imagine the construction actually requiring this. Feels more like an "excuse" for us to lower the capacity and give higher % full attendance numbers. 

Cashless Apps: Good to have this  option. Would still like to have the option to pay in cash if we want to though. Phone could easily die by halftime.

Mobile Ticketing: Don't like this at all. I thought the STH card was perfect. Now you have to worry about your phone having battery, working, having connection, ect ect. And what about when the ushers ask for your seat number? Gonna hafta pull out your phone, load the app. Come on...

Most people under 35 have their phones permanently glued to their hands anyways. Somehow i think people will manage.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Does this mean that I now have to show the guy at the top of the section my phone? That would be a hassle.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Does this mean that I now have to show the guy at the top of the section my phone? That would be a hassle.

Not at all. You get print outs of your seat assignment at the kiosk at the entrance. I know, killing trees by RB, but is that any different from fans printing tickets out at home or RB mailing physical tickets? I dont see this as a terrible process. You can always email the soft copies of the tickets to your friends if you are not attending a game.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA
I don't know if this is just the problem with my crappy phone, but the nyrb app drains my battery. It uses about 18% of the battery per day according to system info. I had to uninstall. Hope it's fixed.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I doubt they even remove seats. We'll probably seen some tarps on some sections. Maybe even have some ads on them. A nice throw back to the giant stadium days lol

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

the concourses were simply not built wide enough to support that many people to begin with.

I always get the impression that concourses in stadiums and arenas alike are designed without free-standing concession stands. They clog up the passageways, and the lines make it worse.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I doubt they even remove seats. We'll probably seen some tarps on some sections. Maybe even have some ads on them. A nice throw back to the giant stadium days lol

I have no idea what would require them to do even that, except if they briefly need some scaffolding or something to install the new video boards.   What other work are they doing?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I have no idea what would require them to do even that, except if they briefly need some scaffolding or something to install the new video boards.   What other work are they doing?

"Due to current and upcoming venue enhancements, select sections of Red Bull Arena will be closed, flexing capacity down during the 2019 season."

I have no clue, they don't go into detail about it all, just that vague statement above.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Cashless Apps: Good to have this  option. Would still like to have the option to pay in cash if we want to though. Phone could easily die by halftime.

Mobile Ticketing: Don't like this at all. I thought the STH card was perfect. Now you have to worry about your phone having battery, working, having connection, ect ect. And what about when the ushers ask for your seat number? Gonna hafta pull out your phone, load the app. Come on...

Just FYI theyre planning on installing charging stations.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Just FYI theyre planning on installing charging stations.

At our seats? 😁

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

At our seats? 😁

When we win the cup or when pigs fly. Whichever is first.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

Maybe we'll be wrong, but improvements seem like a very convenient excuse to lower capacity and make attendance look not as bad.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Maybe we'll be wrong, but improvements seem like a very convenient excuse to lower capacity and make attendance look not as bad.

Ooh, that means my season ticket will become more valuable, just like when Chris Heck doubled the price of it. :)+

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users