5 year plan

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Is this an accurate title? Wasn't he with Salzburg the entire time, just not yet head coach? If not, that's bizarre to me.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Is this an accurate title? Wasn't he with Salzburg the entire time, just not yet head coach? If not, that's bizarre to me.

Nope, he was with Leipzig as the main assistant to Rangnick. For what it's worth, they are on their way to making Champions League and are having a very good year.

He'll go to Salzburg and do a good job as well although I wouldn't judge much on this first half-season.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Nope, he was with Leipzig as the main assistant to Rangnick. For what it's worth, they are on their way to making Champions League and are having a very good year.

He'll go to Salzburg and do a good job as well although I wouldn't judge much on this first half-season.

Ah, that's right. Didn't everyone expect him to eventually coach Leipzig? This is a far cry away from Leipzig!

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Ah, that's right. Didn't everyone expect him to eventually coach Leipzig? This is a far cry away from Leipzig!

they've had a coach in waiting for a year.  Thats why Ragnick was interim head coach.

congrats to Jesse

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Nope. They've had their 2019-20 manager lined up for a year.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Don't care, fuck him for exiting the way he did.

#RedBullOut

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Don't care, fuck him for exiting the way he did.

Seconded. What Coach leaves during a winning (and possibly championship) season? Disgraceful.

ediddy

ediddy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Seconded. What Coach leaves during a winning (and possibly championship) season? Disgraceful.

A coach that is told by the person that is paying him that he is being relocated or he could find a new job. You know, like every other working person in the world. Enough with all the butt hurt nonsense.

I used to have a couple of funny things here but I can no longer find them.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

A coach that is told by the person that is paying him that he is being relocated or he could find a new job. You know, like every other working person in the world. Enough with all the butt hurt nonsense.

Not just relocated, but promoted, presumably with a corresponding raise and definitely with better future career opportunities. How dare he.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

MLS's schedule poses a really serious question for talented young coaches like Marsch. Its hard enough to move players during the winter transfer window since most teams spend their cash over the summer, for coaches its downright impossible unless you're looking at a desperate club that just happened to fire their coach exactly mid-season.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Marsch is forever cool with me. It's not his fault that MLS is on a different calendar than the rest of the football world.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Marsch is forever cool with me. It's not his fault that MLS is on a different calendar than the rest of the football world.

And I have no doubts that he knew that Salzburg was in his immediate future if he moved to Leipzig. Anyone who turns down a recent Europa League semifinalist and regular Champions League participant to stay in MLS is a lunatic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users