103 replies to this topic

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Will Marsch try to bring folks from rbny to salzburg?

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

who realistically would make that jump? someone not quite on the level of tyler, but close.  has to be young too.

Casseres seems like a likely option. Only 19, so i could see a similar deal as Tyler (low up front transfer fee but a big sell-on clause)

Murillo is 23 and has had European ambitions.  Salzburg might be a good fit if he can clean up his defensive lapses.

Space Ghost

Space Ghost

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, RU

Taxi

For a season as bad as DCU has had, the USOC title is whipped cream on shit ~~ VOR II

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Will Marsch try to bring folks from rbny to salzburg?

as long as those players are sold with a big sell-on clause and we get the max GAM $$$. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro

Went to see Salzburg a couple years ago (Gulbrandsen was already back there) and I think just about any of the first team RBNY players and some of the IIs could play at Austrian Bundesliga level.  

Who does it make sense for Salzburg to bring over?  Probably younger players for the exposure to Europe's transfer market but I'd wonder if Marsch would bring in some other guys just because MLS players might be cheaper.  Didn't Bradley have some fairly anonymous Americans when in Norway?

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

Went to see Salzburg a couple years ago (Gulbrandsen was already back there) and I think just about any of the first team RBNY players and some of the IIs could play at Austrian Bundesliga level.  

Who does it make sense for Salzburg to bring over?  Probably younger players for the exposure to Europe's transfer market but I'd wonder if Marsch would bring in some other guys just because MLS players might be cheaper.  Didn't Bradley have some fairly anonymous Americans when in Norway?

I don't know their team at all but the only players I could see Marsch wanting are Casseres/Long/Taxi

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Would be a waste for Long to go to Osterreich. ENG SPA ITA GER FRA should be the destination countries for him, imo. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

a waste for Long to go to Osterreich. ENG SPA ITA GER FRA should be the destination countries for him, imo. 

Mikey started at a small Dutch club,
parlayed that into a lucrative career.
https://en.m.wikiped...Bradley_(soccer)

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Very different world then

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I don't know their team at all but the only players I could see Marsch wanting are Casseres/Long/Taxi

Though theyre deserving, Taxi and Long will both be 27 by the time this season is over. I wouldnt wager on either of them having Europe in their future at this point.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Would be a waste for Long to go to Osterreich. ENG SPA ITA GER FRA should be the destination countries for him, imo. 

Just my preference, but I'd rather play for Salzburg than, like, Augsberg or Celta Vigo. In one instance, you're joining a team with a system you know and playing continental football. In the others, you're nothing more than a hired gun tasked with avoiding relegation and nobody gives a shit about you beyond that 

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,422 posts

who realistically would make that jump? someone not quite on the level of tyler, but close.  has to be young too.

Kaku

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

He was also 18 years old. Long is 26.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

as long as those players are sold with a big sell-on clause and we get the max GAM $$$. 

So zero risk to Leipzig and all the risk to us as we get shitty transfer fees up front. Fuck that noise.

#RedBullOut

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

So zero risk to Leipzig and all the risk to us as we get shitty transfer fees up front. Fuck that noise.

UEFA FFP rules do not allow artificially low transfer fees between teams with the same ownership. Means there were no higher offers for Adams at the time, or other teams would have made noise about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users