365 replies to this topic

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Hamlett is in so far over his head, its an embarrassment. I would think that he has nothing at all going on for a transfer, unlike every other sporting director in MLS.

I believe 1 or 2 things happen in the transfer market for us:

1: RB Europe unloads a player to us in the next month that is a surplus to requirements to them. Just a way to unload salary and a spot for their more important teams.

2. Another sporting director tricks Hamlett into taking a player that used to be good but sucks now. Basically, selling Hamlett on a relclamation project. This guy can revive his career in the right environment like RBNY. Then laugh when Hamlett takes the bait.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
I think overall hes done a good job building the team, were consistent but I think once he gets out of his comfort zone hes really poor. Needs some agents he trusts or maybe consultants who can help.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

I think overall hes done a good job building the team, were consistent but I think once he gets out of his comfort zone hes really poor. Needs some agents he trusts or maybe consultants who can help.

What has he built???

Hes living off the back of the other guys work who were here before him.

When that well runs dry.....were all fucked with him in charge.

Hamlett is completely inept.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Most of our good players to join the team the last 5 years have been through youth. Royer and Parker are the big exceptions.

So I'm not super worried as long as the academy keeps producing, and we continue to find good players at 20-21 years like Duncan, Murillo, Lawrence, ect. 

I know the playoffs have been disappointing but it wasnt any different in the era where we had a bunch of marquee signings. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Hamlett is in so far over his head, its an embarrassment. I would think that he has nothing at all going on for a transfer, unlike every other sporting director in MLS.

I believe 1 or 2 things happen in the transfer market for us:

1: RB Europe unloads a player to us in the next month that is a surplus to requirements to them. Just a way to unload salary and a spot for their more important teams.

2. Another sporting director tricks Hamlett into taking a player that used to be good but sucks now. Basically, selling Hamlett on a relclamation project. This guy can revive his career in the right environment like RBNY. Then laugh when Hamlett takes the bait.

This post makes a lot of assumptions (which are probably unwarranted). Hamlett answers to others. The club has a philosophy, and Kaku notwithstanding, its to do things on the cheap. And we are going through scouting upheaval, having just canned out main scout. Not sure you can lay this at Hamletts feet. For all we know, hes begging Austria to allow him to sign multiple players.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

This post makes a lot of assumptions (which are probably unwarranted). Hamlett answers to others. The club has a philosophy, and Kaku notwithstanding, its to do things on the cheap. And we are going through scouting upheaval, having just canned out main scout. Not sure you can lay this at Hamletts feet. For all we know, hes begging Austria to allow him to sign multiple players.

In life there are only results or excuses.

Sounds like a lot of excuses.

Pants/Marsh has tbt same constraints and look what they did.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
Its a good thing no other teams in MLS are signing anyone. Oh wait.....

Go watch the goal that Arenas new signing had last night. Incredible volley!

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts
So hard to tell whats him and whats restrictions on him. Maybe RB says no new signings until Ralf is in place 6 months?
(However many reports he has no contacts are concerning)

I think at this point if we wont pay high$$$$ transfer for a winger ( which I dont think we will) sign a few young wingers and hope 1 works out for next year. If they contribute this year all the better.

Hope Jesse / Leipzig has someone who could use development that also benefits us.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Wrap your head around this: Robert Kraft (aka: the poster child for slumlord MLS owners) is actually spending money to try and win and we won't.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Wrap your head around this: Robert Kraft (aka: the poster child for slumlord MLS owners) is actually spending money to try and win and we won't.

agree we should $$$$

the spending $$ was likely condition written into the Bruce contract

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

To be fair Sabremike Bob Kraft did help save the league in 2002 when the league was bankrupted. I am happy as an MLS fan that he is finally spending money to increase attendance at Gillette which was suffering since about 2014. But the guy needs to see so ROI on the Revolution. That is why he uses a coupon at a Massage Parlor. To save money on the losses the Revs make lol.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

In life there are only results or excuses.

Sounds like a lot of excuses.

Pants/Marsh has tbt same constraints and look what they did.

This is fucking horrible logic. We can extend it to say that Watford should be shamed for not being better than Manchester City. There are results, or excuses. Do you see how stupid that sounds?

If investing money didn't increase a team's probability of winning, Barcelona, Atlanta United, and the New York Yankees wouldn't do it. Come the fuck on. 

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

This is fucking horrible logic. We can extend it to say that Watford should be shamed for not being better than Manchester City. There are results, or excuses. Do you see how stupid that sounds?

If investing money didn't increase a team's probability of winning, Barcelona, Atlanta United, and the New York Yankees wouldn't do it. Come the fuck on. 

Thanks for the laugh.

Follow it as a receptor for success in life and youll be happy.

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

eh. With a few exceptions like Kaku most of RB's signing seemingly come out of no where and typically provide decent results. Obviously the team needs more money invested in the squad but I'll reserve the pitchforks/praise for when the window is over.

CahillsRightJab

CahillsRightJab

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, CFC, USMNT, Cafateros

I still don't get what the plan is with Jorgi. Did they seriously drop $1mil+ for a non-impact player?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users