365 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I still don't get what the plan is with Jorgi. Did they seriously drop $1mil+ for a non-impact player?

if we eventually get 1 and a half good years from him and make a profit on the sale i'll be happy with it.  He is not an impact player this season but who knows what his development curve will be like.  A lot of people didn't think Brian White was good from his first season and look at him now. 

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Hamlet needs to sign a rb. That is his one job this summer. Lade and murillo have been awful.

I give a pass to Duncan since he is only 21 but needs to develop more with rb 2.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

if we eventually get 1 and a half good years from him and make a profit on the sale i'll be happy with it.  He is not an impact player this season but who knows what his development curve will be like.  A lot of people didn't think Brian White was good from his first season and look at him now. 

When you are coming off a season where you just fell short of winning it all the thing you DON'T do is spend your entire (paltry) transfer budget on a complete spec buy of a 18 year old who isn't close to being good enough to play in MLS and who isn't anyone's idea of a blowaway prospect. If we spent the money on real credible MLS players it wouldn't benefit, well, you know...
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

When you are coming off a season where you just fell short of winning it all the thing you DON'T do is spend your entire (paltry) transfer budget on a complete spec buy of a 18 year old who isn't close to being good enough to play in MLS and who isn't anyone's idea of a blowaway prospect. If we spent the money on real credible MLS players it wouldn't benefit, well, you know...

my statement doesn't mean i agree with the signing.  i would rather have more immediate help.  Hamlett screwed up the offseason big time from an external signing point of view.  This is a sunk cost though.  I have readjusted what will make me happy about the Jorgy signing from a player point of view.  But from management point of view its a D- no matter what.  

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
And still, crickets

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
He's got to go. Zero confidence in him.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

He's got to go. Zero confidence in him.

And who would come in? Another yes-man stooge like de Grandpre?

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
Exactly. The problem lies higher up.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Why cant the STH hold a forum and formally complain about this stooge of a tool? We need changes and we need them now!

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
Owner. Don't. Care.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Owner. Don't. Care.

RB Leipzig making the bundesliga was one of the worst things to happen to this team.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

People who think we're not spending because of Hamlett are pretty much on the same level as flat earthers, in my mind. I'm absolutely baffled as to how anyone could think this is on him. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
He's limited by the ownership situation but look at the Ivan and Keita signings. They could've been crucial and were just not good enough.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He's limited by the ownership situation but look at the Ivan and Keita signings. They could've been crucial and were just not good enough.

Good luck finding me a single team in any sport that has 100% success rate on player transactions. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
Sure. But pro sports are ultimately about getting it done with the chances you get/create. Not sure where I read it, but supposedly the guy has very few connections with agents. Seems true given what we see. Marsch spotted Kaku and kept pushing to ensure his signing happened. Would Hamlett have gotten it done without him? Were there better players for the money? Does he have any charisma to get Austria to cough up more money?

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users