365 replies to this topic

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Nope, that's not what I said. Swing and a miss for you.

I said Red Bull probably doesn't care about winning MLS Cup, so Thelwell's job is safe. Yet the fans here, despite there being fewer of them, are likely going to be louder in their complaining if the team sucks. In the fans view, he has to start delivering.

Wolves are a stable club now and because of that he didn't face the criticism he might start facing here if things keep going south.

"Swing and a miss", says the guy grilling someone about their performance in a role they haven't even started yet. 

You suggested Thelwell's role here will be more challenging in terms of the scrutiny he will receive from fans. Here, where there's maybe 5,000 diehards who will even know his name, in a market where the club can't even get coverage in local papers. Versus being in the most prominent, most scrutinized league in world football, in a city where the club was the heartbeat of the city itself. It's a bogus claim, no matter how you try and frame it after the fact. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

"Swing and a miss", says the guy grilling someone about their performance in a role they haven't even started yet. 

You suggested Thelwell's role here will be more challenging in terms of the scrutiny he will receive from fans. Here, where there's maybe 5,000 diehards who will even know his name, in a market where the club can't even get coverage in local papers. Versus being in the most prominent, most scrutinized league in world football, in a city where the club was the heartbeat of the city itself. It's a bogus claim, no matter how you try and frame it after the fact. 

Where did I suggest his role will be more challenging?

All I've been saying is that it's a different situation and fans here might be louder with their complaining. That's it. He left a stable situation at Wolves and comes into a more rocky one here.

I did not say or suggest anywhere it is going to be more or less challenging, or more or less pressure filled.

But somehow you are processing my posts as saying that. Where are you coming up with this stuff?

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Where did I suggest his role will be more challenging?

All I've been saying is that it's a different situation and fans here might be louder with their complaining. That's it. He left a stable situation at Wolves and comes into a more rocky one here.

Bolded above is a perfect example. You answered your own question in the very next sentence. You are suggesting he will face more fan scrutiny i.e. a more challenging, pressure filled situation. How do you not get that? 

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

For now, we have to trust that he knows what he is doing. Look at stroud. Dude looks like a stud, could pay a role next season, and his cap hit is minimal. If he spent millions for the Argentine version of stroud that would be a disappointment but folks on these boards would praise it as a great move. Iding guys in the draft or academy that could be contributers to the first team is also very important. You dont need fancy or expensive players to be successful in mls. However, you do need players that can be molded into a system

For that past few seasons rbny has had a good front office. We have to trust their judgment that they know what they are doing. Performance wise, they have not failed.

I doubt that even Hamlett's wife would give him this much benefit of the doubt.  

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I like all of you and everyone here is super passionate.

Obviously, Thellwells job with Wolves was 1,000Xs more pressure, scrutiny, etc.

Thats why the move is so baffling to me.

But whatever, hes here now........or soon maybe.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Doubtful that there's ever a Plan B. 

I'm with you here B.  It was clear as day the minute we publicized the 'we're trying' pieces with the lowball offers for the kid at Hull.  Like a Championship club under no pressure to sell is gonna give up a kid with very high upside and clear first team spot for 2 mill.  

A lot of this is ownership, but Hamlett is so fucking awful at this job it's insane.  

#RedBullOut

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I like all of you and everyone here is super passionate.

Obviously, Thellwells job with Wolves was 1,000Xs more pressure, scrutiny, etc.

Thats why the move is so baffling to me.

But whatever, hes here now........or soon maybe.

Retirement league for stressed out management types looking to chill for a few years!

Wonder what he's making and how it compares to his pay at Wolves.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Retirement league for stressed out management types looking to chill for a few years!

Wonder what he's making and how it compares to his pay Wolves.

Hard to see him taking a paycut especially considering he will be living in nyc area but at the same time rb is supposedly cheap, at least with this team so who knows, we never will..

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
Damn!! No summer signings.

Hammlett is putting out a statement that the Coronavirus and cancellations didnt allow him time to scout properly. Hence, no summer signings! Well have to wait for 2021.

😂. Having some fun....

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Damn!! No summer signings.

Hammlett is putting out a statement that the Coronavirus and cancellations didnt allow him time to scout properly. Hence, no summer signings! Well have to wait for 2021.

😂. Having some fun....

Having some fun or predicting the future?

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
Having fun. I try and give people a fair chance.

I would rather chat about soccer than misinformation about government or illness.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Having fun. I try and give people a fair chance.

I would rather chat about soccer than misinformation about government or illness.

How about government misinformation? Or are they just having fun?

No reply needed, just like to poke damn governments whenever I can.

On topic though, Hamlett's boss is still not in the states? He could have used this downtime to teach Hamlett a thing or two or actually do something to improve the team, but I guess he would have been announced if he was here.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

How about government misinformation? Or are they just having fun?

No reply needed, just like to poke damn governments whenever I can.

On topic though, Hamlett's boss is still not in the states? He could have used this downtime to teach Hamlett a thing or two or actually do something to improve the team, but I guess he would have been announced if he was here.

Haha.

Im not sure hes actually started working for RB yet.

He might be using the time to work with his lawyers on the Scandel he might be implicated in.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Haha.

Im not sure hes actually started working for RB yet.

He might be using the time to work with his lawyers on the Scandel he might be implicated in.

Honestly a blessing on the Thelwell end. And Pendant too. Lots of time to work on scandals and or visas. Assuming those processes arent affected...

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

I gotta applaud Hamlett's foresight. Why spend any money if there is gonna be no season? He was truly ahead of the time.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users