365 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

People who think we're not spending because of Hamlett are pretty much on the same level as flat earthers, in my mind. I'm absolutely baffled as to how anyone could think this is on him. 

Hamlett has money at his disposal with GAM/TAM, has turned down meaningful trade options, gets rid of anyone around him that questions anything he does, offers other teams draft picks for all-star players, has about three agents that he can contact, and has blown meetings with prospective players and their agents.

You have absolutely no idea what is going on behind the scenes, nor do I for the most part but I've seen players that rolled their eyes when he walks away from them, heard from a handful of employees about how terrible he is in everything he does, and have watched him single handedly destroy our academy to the point where former coaches are taking legal action and parents are avoiding us as an option even with our history of success.

Ownership is cheap and we are a feeder club, yes, but Ali Curtis and Jesse Marsch were able to get this club to move forward and press Austria. When Hamlett lost Jesse, he was no longer the puppet and exposed for his incompetence. He is useless.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Hamlett has money at his disposal with GAM/TAM, has turned down meaningful trade options, gets rid of anyone around him that questions anything he does, offers other teams draft picks for all-star players, has about three agents that he can contact, and has blown meetings with prospective players and their agents.

You have absolutely no idea what is going on behind the scenes, nor do I for the most part but I've seen players that rolled their eyes when he walks away from them, heard from a handful of employees about how terrible he is in everything he does, and have watched him single handedly destroy our academy to the point where former coaches are taking legal action and parents are avoiding us as an option even with our history of success.

Ownership is cheap and we are a feeder club, yes, but Ali Curtis and Jesse Marsch were able to get this club to move forward and press Austria. When Hamlett lost Jesse, he was no longer the puppet and exposed for his incompetence. He is useless.

Sure, look if this is all true then absolutely. My point here is not that Hamlett is irreplaceable and doing things brilliantly. It's that we have one of the lowest payrolls in the league and Dennis Hamlett is almost surely not the reason for that. 

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
The kid is 18... I don't mind acquisitions like that at all. They weren't operating under the idea that BWP would be a corpse of what he was and they knew there would be some development. Plus with White playing pretty well, our striker position isn't the biggest issue. It's the entire team playing worse than they are. Only guys like Royer playing their best.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Regardless of your funding your job is to find players that help the team. If youre good at your job you will find a way no matter what.

Hamlet isnt doing his job. Fire his ass.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Hamlet isnt doing his job.

Perhaps we do not understand what his job is.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

Perhaps we do not understand what his job is.

Even if austria is pulling the strings with international signings he can still make moves within the league. We could have thrown our hats in the ring when Nagbe has having problems or even trade for an Olonso type vet to sure up the CM. Im sure he has the phone numbers for other teams FO

Im starting to think that hes getting instructions from Austria NOT to sign/trade for Veteran players within the league so that the kids will be guaranteed playing time so they can then be sold or feed Salazburg/Leipzig

Were probably going to see the end of BWP in a RB jersey after this season even if he turns it around and plays well the next few months. Even if he takes a massive paycut. Hell be taking playing time away from a player that can be groomed and sold.

It really is looking like that the main goal for this team isnt to win

5 year plan

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Even if austria is pulling the strings with international signings he can still make moves within the league. We could have thrown our hats in the ring when Nagbe has having problems or even trade for an Olonso type vet to sure up the CM. Im sure he has the phone numbers for other teams FO

Im starting to think that hes getting instructions from Austria NOT to sign/trade for Veteran players within the league so that the kids will be guaranteed playing time so they can then be sold or feed Salazburg/Leipzig

Were probably going to see the end of BWP in a RB jersey after this season even if he turns it around and plays well the next few months. Even if he takes a massive paycut. Hell be taking playing time away from a player that can be groomed and sold.

It really is looking like that the main goal for this team isnt to win

If that's the case then why do young players like CCJ, Duncan, and Etienne never get minutes?

Davis and Rza have held the CM spots down all season. Muyl has taken the RW spot. Are they grooming Muyl to be sold to Europe or something?

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Regardless of your funding your job is to find players that help the team. If youre good at your job you will find a way no matter what.

Hamlet isnt doing his job. Fire his ass.

And yet the rich teams seem to always beat out the poor teams in most non-capped sports leagues. Go figure. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Even if austria is pulling the strings with international signings he can still make moves within the league.

My point suggests that he may have zero authority to make any moves. The new ubermeister may have frozen him out of all decision making.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

My point suggests that he may have zero authority to make any moves. The new ubermeister may have frozen him out of all decision making.

there is no way this guy isn't allowed to trade one of our extra wingers for wing back depth.  there is no way he couldn't get a playable right or left back for Etienne, Ivan or Muyl for example.  he needs to rebalance the squad.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
I dont know if Ragnick is running the show or not. If he is, he's apathetic as fuck and a step down from Ali Curtis (and I really do not like Ali Curtis). What I do know is that since Hamlett came on board our academy has bled talent and coaches and we have done fucking nothing positive in the transfer market. Red Bull remains our biggest problem, but Hamlett is clearly in way over his head

#RedBullOut

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

hamlett needs to step aside more time and money need to be dedicated to scouting and signing players that can help now.

I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
It was nice to see Montreals new Finnish forward bang in 2 goals against Philly last night.

Yet I forget......its really hard to bring on players that fit our style.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Are they grooming Muyl to be sold to Europe or something?

Please make this happen. The team will get to keep all the money from the sale w/o giving any to MLS cuz he was a HG. $1.5m-$2m. He already has a Euro passport, so he can play anywhere over there. He'd be a useful player for sure. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Please make this happen. The team will get to keep all the money from the sale w/o giving any to MLS cuz he was a HG. $1.5m-$2m. He already has a Euro passport, so he can play anywhere over there. He'd be a useful player for sure. 

Muyl has a Euro passport? From where and when did he get that?

Not doubting you, I just hadn't heard that before and now I'm curious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users