362 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Sean McSherry retires after one season. USL just doesn't pay Ivy school grads enough to pursue a pro career for long.

https://www.newyorkr...nces-retirement
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
If he is living in Monmouth County:
https://en.m.wikiped...iki/FC_Monmouth
https://www.google.c.../amp/1556635001

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

"New York declined options on goalkeepers Rashid Nuhu and Miguel Silva, defenders Jordan Scarlett, Allen Yanes, and Janos Loebe, and forward Amarildo de Souza. 

The following players are out of contract: midfielders Jared Stroud and Chris Lema."

https://www.newyorkr...MuLi2N_90UXbDC4

Surprised we are cleaning house so thoroughly on the defense,  considering how thin we are there.   Lema and Stroud getting big boy contracts?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

"New York declined options on goalkeepers Rashid Nuhu and Miguel Silva, defenders Jordan Scarlett, Allen Yanes, and Janos Loebe, and forward Amarildo de Souza. 
The following players are out of contract: midfielders Jared Stroud and Chris Lema."

Surprised we are cleaning house so thoroughly on the defense,  considering how thin we are there.   Lema and Stroud getting big boy contracts?

Seems possible.

Stroud has been consistently good for a while. Lema was once with the youth national teams.

Little surprised by Scarlett and yanes.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
Miguel Silva is the first NYRBII signed pro player that didn't get into a match.

Have to think we sign Lema and Stroud to first team contracts (essentially replacing Bezecourt and Koffi)

Not sure why we held onto Elney. Surprised to see Boateng given another chance. Happy Rito will be back.

Amarildo was a no-brainer to be let go. Thanks RB Brasil.
Yanes didn't impress much after the first home match of the season.
Loebe is a bit of a surprise to me. The conversion to left back looked promising, but holding an International spot hurts.
Nuhu was a good U23 player for us but looked bad in his few matches for us.
Scarlett's leadership will be missed, but he would be a fringe player for MLS, at best.

Currently (if we sign Lema, Stroud and Tolkin):
McIntosh
Buckmaster/Rito - Nealis/Kilwien - Boateng/Kilwien - Tolkin (HGP)/Rito
Zajec - Lema
Elney/Mines - Omir - Stroud
Jorgensen/Sowe

Hoping to sign some homegrown guys to the USL team. Decent number of graduating seniors with academy ties.

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

They might bring Stroud and Lema back, they've done it before when players were out of contract.

Boateng? I thought he was our worst first round pick ever?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

6 players on RB2 roster after a clearing out. This happens every season, iirc. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

They were horrendous defensively this year. They led the East in goals by a stupid margin and still finished 6th in the conference. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts

They might bring Stroud and Lema back, they've done it before when players were out of contract.

Boateng? I thought he was our worst first round pick ever?

They didn't include Lema or Stroud in their "Thank You" goodbye social media posts, so think it's a good chance both come back as first team players.

Until Boateng touches the ball without getting a yellow card, he is still the worst first round pick in club history.

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

They didn't include Lema or Stroud in their "Thank You" goodbye social media posts, so think it's a good chance both come back as first team players.

Until Boateng touches the ball without getting a yellow card, he is still the worst first round pick in club history.

And hence lies the dilemma. Love that we're promoting from within. Hate that we're not augmenting from the outside.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Steve Shak begs to differ

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

It's not like there was any UCLA guy better we could have picked ahead of him

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

And hence lies the dilemma. Love that we're promoting from within. Hate that we're not augmenting from the outside.

As long as they arent seen as first XI guys, but I guess thats the fear.

Lema is redundant to the other 8s in CM, and Stroud is probably a younger and better version of Bezecourt, but neither should be seen as an answer to this teams issues.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts

While I would agree Steve Shak was the worst first overall pick, at least he played, and decent at times.
Even Janos Loebe, Zeiko Lewis and Leo Stoltz did enough to earn minutes with the USL team as first round picks.

Boateng was awful in the few minutes he played... with the USL team.

@CurseofCaricola

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

While I would agree Steve Shak was the worst first overall pick, at least he played, and decent at times.
Even Janos Loebe, Zeiko Lewis and Leo Stoltz did enough to earn minutes with the USL team as first round picks.

Boateng was awful in the few minutes he played... with the USL team.

He has to show something this year. He was out for a while and might have not been 100%.

Is there a list of college players thst are graduating but are from rbny youth teams?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users