Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Boateng subbed out early. Injury troubles again for him. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

What was the final score, y'all's? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

What was the final score, y'all's? 

Lost 1:0, Louro with the shutout.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
Any of the fullbacks look good enough to step up next week?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Any of the fullbacks look good enough to step up next week?

Tarek

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Was anyone able to see the game? How did we look?

Wa Hamlett there?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

Wa Hamlett there?

I hope he was busy watching the first team game, but that's me.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Im sorry. I was away this weekend and didnt realize they were on at the same time.

It makes total sense for them to play at the same time though. 😐

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Sandman527

Sandman527

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

I hope he was busy watching the first team game, but that's me.

He was at the airport after the game in Salt Lake, flying back with the team. Saw him facetiming with someone, so I didn't bother to say hi or anything.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

I watched the game so want to leave some thoughts,

Lapsley was solid, needs works commanding and distributing but was a good shot stopper.

Egbo looked a tad rusty and I didnt see him as a level above the others which could be a worry since he was supposed to come in and really be close to duncan whos playing very well right now, maybe hell get better with more time

Boateng got injured so again its the same as 2019, he will 100% not stick around until next year if this continues...

Fala was interesting, 6 7 is an absolute giant but he seemed at least as mobile as nealis, since hes a converted ST i dont think its fair to be harsh on him so as of now im excited to see what he can do.

Bounthong, 1st game so again lots of room for imporvement, not sure why Tolkin wasnt playing at LB, but right now he was poor.

Zajec was pretty average, tidy on the ball but not enough going forward

Lema, about the same passing was off and not enough ball in to break the lines.

Muyl was better on the ball than most on here give him credit for, he did lose it a few times but I think he was trying to be more aggressive which is fine by me, we obvs got shut out so none of the attackers were great but he was good.

Strouds control and tight dribbling was very good, he has the technical ability of a first team player hes just not physically gifted.

Omir / mines , very poor but personally i think they're setting up both to fail, really both of them arent 9's and they're asking them to do a lot of that hold up get on the end of crosses which isnt their game. Just so strange as we've gone with the 2 ST system despite really from the first team to the 2nd it being our weakest position and were now just putting mids there.

Overall it was a poor performance but youd think with a front 6 all being 1st team guys we would have scored but watching them whip crosses into mines and omir just seems so so so stupid.

Its no coincidence our best chance of the match came when sowe and elneny came and played up front

I like the 4222 but its just strange the way were playing it, look at RB Leipzig, Werner, Schick, Poullson all pretty physical guys yet were going with omir and mines?

I get we need first and 2nd team continuity but I just feel we dont have the players for this, or if we do stop crossing the ball altogether and use their passing and dribbling more.

TB is always a good team so not too much stock in this but not a great start.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

I watched the game so want to leave some thoughts,

Lapsley was solid, needs works commanding and distributing but was a good shot stopper.

Egbo looked a tad rusty and I didnt see him as a level above the others which could be a worry since he was supposed to come in and really be close to duncan whos playing very well right now, maybe hell get better with more time

Boateng got injured so again its the same as 2019, he will 100% not stick around until next year if this continues...

Fala was interesting, 6 7 is an absolute giant but he seemed at least as mobile as nealis, since hes a converted ST i dont think its fair to be harsh on him so as of now im excited to see what he can do.

Bounthong, 1st game so again lots of room for imporvement, not sure why Tolkin wasnt playing at LB, but right now he was poor.

Zajec was pretty average, tidy on the ball but not enough going forward

Lema, about the same passing was off and not enough ball in to break the lines.

Muyl was better on the ball than most on here give him credit for, he did lose it a few times but I think he was trying to be more aggressive which is fine by me, we obvs got shut out so none of the attackers were great but he was good.

Strouds control and tight dribbling was very good, he has the technical ability of a first team player hes just not physically gifted.

Omir / mines , very poor but personally i think they're setting up both to fail, really both of them arent 9's and they're asking them to do a lot of that hold up get on the end of crosses which isnt their game. Just so strange as we've gone with the 2 ST system despite really from the first team to the 2nd it being our weakest position and were now just putting mids there.

Overall it was a poor performance but youd think with a front 6 all being 1st team guys we would have scored but watching them whip crosses into mines and omir just seems so so so stupid.

Its no coincidence our best chance of the match came when sowe and elneny came and played up front

I like the 4222 but its just strange the way were playing it, look at RB Leipzig, Werner, Schick, Poullson all pretty physical guys yet were going with omir and mines?

I get we need first and 2nd team continuity but I just feel we dont have the players for this, or if we do stop crossing the ball altogether and use their passing and dribbling more.

TB is always a good team so not too much stock in this but not a great start.

nice writeup.  one thing to add - Leipzig isn't really even using a 4-2-2-2 at least in their recent games.  they've gone to more of a 3-4-3 (in attack) and 5-2-3 (defending).  We definitely have the personnel to do this for the 1st team - i'm surprised the 2nd team hasn't fully embraced this new formation as well:

--------royer---white---sims

pendant-----CCJ---Davis---duncan

---------Tarek--Long--Parker

------------------Jensen

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
The total mismanagement of the first team has a knock on effect to the second team.

WTF is Muyl doing playing at the 2s? He has absolutely nothing to prove at that level. Hes a jack of all trades master of none and the perfect bench player for the first team. He should be on the first team bench every game. If youre not gonna do that then TRADE him. He doesnt need USL minutes and is only going to take up developmental time from someone else who does.

WTF are we doing with Jorgensen? Hes gonna ride the pine behind white and Barlow, but theyre gonna put him on the game day roster anyway? Idiotic. He should be down with the 2s working on his conversion rate. Hes 19. He needs fucking games. Muyl as the elder statesman does not.

Ditto Tolkin. At age 17 he should be getting games EVERY WEEK, but because our management totally fucked up the outside back position he HAS to be up with the first team for cover. This to me is the most egregious error. This kid needs to play right now. Full 90. Every week.

Ditto Sowe. Good talent. Needs games.

Get Thelwell here yesterday. This club top to bottom is a fucking dumpster fire right now.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

The total mismanagement of the first team has a knock on effect to the second team.

WTF is Muyl doing playing at the 2s? He has absolutely nothing to prove at that level. Hes a jack of all trades master of none and the perfect bench player for the first team. He should be on the first team bench every game. If youre not gonna do that then TRADE him. He doesnt need USL minutes and is only going to take up developmental time from someone else who does.

WTF are we doing with Jorgensen? Hes gonna ride the pine behind white and Barlow, but theyre gonna put him on the game day roster anyway? Idiotic. He should be down with the 2s working on his conversion rate. Hes 19. He needs fucking games. Muyl as the elder statesman does not.

Ditto Tolkin. At age 17 he should be getting games EVERY WEEK, but because our management totally fucked up the outside back position he HAS to be up with the first team for cover. This to me is the most egregious error. This kid needs to play right now. Full 90. Every week.

Ditto Sowe. Good talent. Needs games.

Get Thelwell here yesterday. This club top to bottom is a fucking dumpster fire right now.

uh 2 games into the season? lol

Myul may be trying to improve skills as 2nd striker which he has played before and to keep game sharpness.  

Maybe they said RSL away is low chance and we have a specific game plan.

Or maybe not

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

uh 2 games into the season? lol
Myul may be trying to improve skills as 2nd striker which he has played before and to keep game sharpness.  
Maybe they said RSL away is low chance and we have a specific game plan.
Or maybe not

Both teams were shit over the weekend with some of our younger guys losing out on minutes.

Wait wait wait until later into this season and theyll keep fucking this up. Guaranteed.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

Academy product Jake Lacava signed:

https://www.newyorkr...uct-jake-lacava

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users