• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

This highlights incompetence of RB FO and also coaching. Yes, Murillo had a tough year, where he made some boneheaded mistakes, but still contributed a lot, and was the best RB on the team. Year before he was an all star and still very young. Played well for his NT team. Mistakes were correctable too and talent undeniable. So, what do we do? Trade the youngster away after one sub-par season. He immediately wins starting spot on a team way better than RB. Can't say I am surprised.

please

trade him - give want he wants.

open up space for next player 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Somebody loves him:
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=GAygvy5j8Hk

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Scores

https://twitter.com/...5464102917?s=19

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Happy for him. At least he got what he wanted. Would be nice for him to ball the fuck out so he can secure an even bigger transfer. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

What the hell happened in the buildup for him to be in that position?

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

its good he is doing well, it ended poorly with us but he gave us some very good years.  Every transfer we send to Europe that performs in the long run should get us better valuations for our players.  As a team with younger guys its invaluable.  

Kemar has some real competition ahead of him to start, so I am really curious what impact he will have over there for the rest of the season.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

its good he is doing well, it ended poorly with us but he gave us some very good years.  Every transfer we send to Europe that performs in the long run should get us better valuations for our players.  As a team with younger guys its invaluable.  

Kemar has some real competition ahead of him to start, so I am really curious what impact he will have over there for the rest of the season.

Yes perfect sentiment and thinking. Thats why I follow Almirante so closely and watch so many Newcastle games. With the largest transfer fee in MLS history, playing in the biggest league in the world, his success is so crucial to MLS and young S. American players coming here or not.

Realistically, when players go from MLS to Belgium and do okay.........no one in Europe notices. Im talking about the top 5 leagues obviously. Can anyone name 5 players, playing in Belgium right now off the top of their head? No. Overall, in the big picture, Kemar and Murillo are inconsequential in the context youre bringing out. I still root for both of them.

I have a soft spot for this league ever since Gooch was tearing it up at Standard Leige.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Realistically, when players go from MLS to Belgium and do okay.........no one in Europe notices. Im talking about the top 5 leagues obviously. Can anyone name 5 players, playing in Belgium right now off the top of their head? No. Overall, in the big picture, Kemar and Murillo are inconsequential in the context youre bringing out. I still root for both of them.

I have a soft spot for this league ever since Gooch was tearing it up at Standard Leige.

I would agree that the knock-on effect on MLS may be negligible, but you'd better believe that big league teams are looking at the Belgium league for the next big bargain, especially with how well Belgium has been doing internationally and with one or several Belgian stars killing it in pretty much every big league. Murillo and Taxi will have opportunities to showcase their talents and make a bigger move if they play well, especially Murillo as he's much younger.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
I follow Europe closely. Theyre obviously looking at Belgium players but not really the Jupiler League unfortunately.

Belgium Nats have been powerful for over a decade with top players everywhere. Most arent staring and starring in their domestic league unfortunately.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I follow Europe closely. Theyre obviously looking at Belgium players but not really the Jupiler League unfortunately. Belgium Nats have been powerful for over a decade with top players everywhere. Most arent staring and starring in their domestic league unfortunately.  

Not sure why the obvious needs to be stated, but every big star starts somewhere. With a couple of exceptions (Hazard bros playing in France and Spurs' Vertonghen and Alderwield at Ajax), many of the current and former Belgian stars played in the Belgian league on their way to becoming world-class players. Someone was looking.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I follow Europe closely. Theyre obviously looking at Belgium players but not really the Jupiler League unfortunately.

Belgium Nats have been powerful for over a decade with top players everywhere. Most arent staring and starring in their domestic league unfortunately.

De Bruyne, Courtois, Witsel, Mertens, Lukaku, Beteken, etc. all played in the Belgium first division before making the move to one of the bigger leagues.  So yea, scouts may be going to see a specific young Belgian player, but while doing so they may just catch a great performance from Taxi or Murillo.  Isn't that how Marsch brought Felipe to MLS, he went to scout a player in Italy and brought over Felipe instead?

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Three players left the Belgian league for over 20 million euros this season alone. Only one was Belgian. 11 players left for over 10 million.

The Eredivisie, which everyone thinks of as THE selling league in Europe, only had 9 players leave for 10 million+.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
Valid points guys. I stand corrected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users