70 replies to this topic

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador
"The Tigers have made it clear they have no wish to sell Da Silva Lopes in this transfer window but New York Red Bulls could return with an improved offer after identifying the youngster as a rising star."

🙄 Blah blah blah

LONG LIVE METRO

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

buddy from Seattle saw this on twitter:

https://twitter.com/...133600260075526

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

thephantomcredits

thephantomcredits

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls/Team USA

While I'm waiting on judging Hamlet for this offseason till it ends, part of being a good at his job isn't just making offers, it's identifying players that are getable and not wasting time on players we have no shot at getting.  Hopefully this guys is in our price range and he is worth it. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts

judging by some of the transfer window activity over the past couple of yrs, the identified players weren't gettable and others were signed instead, Sims and Kaku being the exceptions. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

KyBAxJT.jpg

CM could be a little crowded for Hull, sans Henriksen who is trying to leave. Stewart is injured, Irvine starts most matches at DM. Lopes and Batty gets starts at CM, and they just signed Kane on loan from Liverpool who is also a CM.

Wonder if an increased 2nd bid would do the trick. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

While I'm waiting on judging Hamlet for this offseason till it ends, part of being a good at his job isn't just making offers, it's identifying players that are getable and not wasting time on players we have no shot at getting.  Hopefully this guys is in our price range and he is worth it. 

Yep. While its exciting to actually see a rumor for once, are we gonna get this guy?

This is literally Hamlett's job. If he identifies players but cant sign them, then he's not good at it. Cant just say "well at least he's trying"....no shit, I would hope he's trying.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Lopes only joined Hull this summer and has played in almost every game for them at the age of 21. RB is going to have to seriously overpay to get him out of that sort of situation, Hull probably sees this kid as a Premier League target in the future.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts

He's played a lot of pro games, intriguing to see how much his transfer would be, if acquired. TAM signing like Jorgen$en? So is he going to be Lope$? 

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Yeah ben mines might outweigh this guy but he probably isnt soft if playing in Championship -21 games this year.
Heck I don't mind a small guy big attitude like Felipe or Diego Charra

https://www.transfer.../spieler/348756

Anyone on the boards the Milo of lower level English soccer ?

I am the Milo or British soccer.

This move would be very surprising to me because:

He just transferred to Hull and has history over many years with their manager, the manager believes in him and has given him lots of opportunities. Last season he was with pathetic Wigan and didnt see the field.

Also, I think hes definitely be a multi- million dollar transfer fee. Wigan paid $2M for him a year ago. Now that hes playing, I cant see him going for less.

Hes played a lot of full back, is fast and isnt an attacking force.

Who knows what might happen with his skill set as he matures and grows.

If we did bring him in, hes 100% not an impact player for us this year. Im not saying that he wouldnt start......but not an impact player that folks on this board are imagining when someone says.....impact player.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

I am the Milo or British soccer.

This move would be very surprising to me because:

He just transferred to Hull and has history over many years with their manager, the manager believes in him and has given him lots of opportunities. Last season he was with pathetic Wigan and didnt see the field.

Also, I think hes definitely be a multi- million dollar transfer fee. Wigan paid $2M for him a year ago. Now that hes playing, I cant see him going for less.

Hes played a lot of full back, is fast and isnt an attacking force.

Who knows what might happen with his skill set as he matures and grows.

If we did bring him in, hes 100% not an impact player for us this year. Im not saying that he wouldnt start......but not an impact player that folks on this board are imagining when someone says.....impact player.

GMONEY  !!!!

Yeah transfer timing doesn't make much sense.  Although they brought in a loanee from Liverpool, this guy knows the manager and there are 2 midfieders out on injury.  Crowded midfield but Championship plays like 50+competitive games each year with league, playoffs, Cup etc. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Oh, it makes a lot of sense. 2M to us, we groom him, "sell" him to Leipzig on the cheap.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

they brought in a loanee from Liverpool ... 

Harrys younger brother?
https://liverpooloff...ed-to-hull-city

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Oh, it makes a lot of sense. 2M to us, we groom him, "sell" him to Leipzig on the cheap.

That is exactly why I can't get excited about this Lopes guy.

If it was an older 'name' player that the club was spending millions on, like a Henry or something, you would anticipate the player would spend several seasons here.

Lopes on the other hand is probably just a project for Salzburg and Leipzig. They will take him after a season and give nothing back.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

That is exactly why I can't get excited about this Lopes guy.

If it was an older 'name' player that the club was spending millions on, like a Henry or something, you would anticipate the player would spend several seasons here.

Lopes on the other hand is probably just a project for Salzburg and Leipzig. They will take him after a season and give nothing back.

as long as we get full allocation money back after we sell to reinforce I don't really care if thats what happens.  95% of the clubs in the world are selling clubs.  Its just up to them to make sure the players they get are good which is another story. 

If you sign a 32 year old by 34/35 they will probably age and not be good enough for our system with no resale value.  By a 20 year old and if they develop right by 23 they probably move on but at least you get funds to reinvest. Its the same thing.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Time to move on the another target Denis

https://twitter.com/...9602004992?s=21

https://t.co/7Sc2piuWxV?amp=1

Quotes from manager Grant McCann

Firstly it was a lot more than what was touted, secondly hes not for sale,

Money does talk and its a substantial offer that the club cant turn down then it might be different but at the minute Ive been told no-one is for sale.

Report was 7 figures, guessing it was over $1 mill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users