70 replies to this topic

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Also consider he played the full 90 today in Hull Citys FA Cup game. Lets move on please....

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Was bought by $2m. Maybe team offered just north of that and Hull just want a "wow me" offer. I don't think Hamlett is the type that's authorized to offer a substantial bid. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT
Reports were that the offer was a 7 figure offer and was higher than Hull expected. The not for sale thing might be posturing. But the fact that RB are willing to spend at least a little dough is encouraging.

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Reports were that the offer was a 7 figure offer and was higher than Hull expected. The not for sale thing might be posturing. But the fact that RB are willing to spend at least a little dough is encouraging.

He was a $2M transfer for him last year......no one would expect less than a 7 figure transfer fee.

Every other team in the league is bringing in multiple players. Were scraping the bottom of the bucket in Englands lower divisions........to be out big signing.

This is going to turn out bad.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

He was a $2M transfer for him last year......no one would expect less than a 7 figure transfer fee.

Every other team in the league is bringing in multiple players. Were scraping the bottom of the bucket in Englands lower divisions........to be out big signing.

This is going to turn out bad.

I fear you are right, but hope you are wrong.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

Lopes starting today for Hull, who are hunting for a promotion playoff position. Definitely doesn't feel like a transfer is imminent... 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I know they have a few weeks, but I wonder when they move on from Lopes. Hull are pretty adamant hes not for sale. $$ talks but idk

Hull's manager said in an article yesterday that "I think there has been follow ups", so they are definitely still working it now.  But yeah I hope this doesn't drag until the end of the month, they have to have other alternatives they should start working on.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts
Sounds like good player but Hard to see why he or the club would move him

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Still chasing this one. Hopefully after tomorrow they move on to a secondary target

https://www.hulldail...ransfer-3796417

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Still chasing this one. Hopefully after tomorrow they move on to a secondary target

https://www.hulldail...ransfer-3796417

i think this is updated live. $2.3m is the 2nd offer:

https://www.hulldail...ws-live-3796485

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
You have to figure we aren't making offers unless we thought there was a legitimate chance he could be bought.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Assuming these rumors are true, if we don't sign someone for north of $2.5M, then Hamlett didn't do his job.   He has the budget.   Its so easy to say "not my fault, they were being unreasonable," but he's paid to know the market, have a plan B, etc. etc.

I don't want to here any shit about the scouting department being new.    He has the whole RB global infrastructure at his disposal, and knew all last year that BWP was going to need replacing along with all the secondary priorities.    He knew Kemar was a serious threat to leave, and should have had plans in place (hoping a draft pick turns to gold is not a plan) and those plans should have included getting these guys in more than a month before the season starts.   Even if he signs someone big in the next week (and Seagirst doesn't suck, and Casseres magically turns into Adams 2.0), it's a C+ job at best without that guy on board and ready to play on opening day.

This isn't one badly negotiated deal.    The guy simply does not do his job.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

You have to figure we aren't making offers unless we thought there was a legitimate chance he could be bought.

We may have thought that, but but that doesn't make it true.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
We have a european head scout thats shopping in the most expensive country for players in the world with one of the smallest budgets in MLS

The logic is flawed Unless you own stock in a tarp company and looking for a pump and dump

5 year plan

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

don't understand the insistance on shopping in expensive parts with a kid who is thriving under a preferred coach and has legit EPL promotion chance to come to the US.  

Glad they are at least being active and seem to have ~ $2.5M to spend.

They couldn't ID someone playing in bottom half of Championship and is not happy with playing time who needs a change of scenery (in addition to Sims ;-)?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users