70 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Wouldn't Hull want to wait instead of selling him now? If he's valuable to them and proves himself for another season, they could probably get way more by selling him to another English club as opposed to what Red Bull is currently offering.

Very true, but from what little I know their owners (the Allams) are big time grifters. They might rather have the immediate profit for Lopes.

Its silly to keep throwing a little more money at them unless RBNY have some idea of how much it would take to force a sale.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Hamlet is that kid at an auction who bids twenty dollars and one cent

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Wouldn't Hull want to wait instead of selling him now? If he's valuable to them and proves himself for another season, they could probably get way more by selling him to another English club as opposed to what Red Bull is currently offering.

1. There are no guarantees the same offer will be on the table later. RBNY will likely move on to someone else. He could get injured or his form may drop. Conversely, he could be woth more at a later date, for sure. But that's the risk/reward scenario and it's a reason why they might sell now vs later.

2. Lopes may himself want the move and, as we saw last season ourselves, there are consequences to keeping players who want to be elsewhere. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

if you want to be reductionist about it and only view it is a only appreciating asset - see Murillo. 

Depends on who else they have and also that they have players who play his position that are on injury and also a player they loaned in from Liverpool.

Also, player has some say in it right.  Can he break into EPL or not a la Sims.  Very tough call but I would think he wants to stay considering he is playing under a manager who knows him.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

if you want to be reductionist about it and only view it is a only appreciating asset - see Murillo. 

Depends on who else they have and also that they have players who play his position that are on injury and also a player they loaned in from Liverpool.

Also, player has some say in it right.  Can he break into EPL or not a la Sims.  Very tough call but I would think he wants to stay considering he is playing under a manager who knows him.

he could be enticed to sign by pitching him the "do well here, and it's back to Europe and UEFA Champions League level for you in 1.5-2 yrs"

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

My thinking is because Hull bought him so cheap, even if he stuck around and didn't pan out they could probably still cut even or make some kind of a profit. English teams will fork over money for young players like him, especially since he's from Portugal.

And if he does well, they can sell him a year or two later for a lot more, like maybe $7-10 million to a top championship or premier league club.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Bid rejected once again. Shooting Blanks Hamlett is killing it!!!

Theyve watched all our players leave and know we are in panic mode. They can probably ask whatever price they want and Ham Sandwich will end up giving it to them...then Papa Red Bull will say HOW MUCH??? ARE YOU INSANE DENIS?!?!? End of deal.

This team is totally fucking clueless.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
Again, gotta think he's available for some reason. Outside if what the Hull coach says.

I have read what fans say of him and they are big fans.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Again, gotta think he's available for some reason. Outside if what the Hull coach says.

I have read what fans say of him and they are big fans.

Denis: We want him!
Hull: Hes not for sale.
Denis: Heres 2 million dollars!
Hull: Hes not for sale Denis.
Denis: Heres 2 billion dollars!
Hull: You dont have 2 billion dollars Denis.
Denis: ......synergy?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

Started today in a 5:1 home loss.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Watched him again today. A few observations/

1. Hull are a horribly coached team. Barely touched the ball the entire game. Headed toward relegation unless coach Is fired.
2. Lopes played on the right side of midfield.
3. He definitely wouldnt be any kind of difference maker for Red Bulls. Hes small and not physically strong. He hustles and tries hard. I see his best position being right back.
4. Jack Harrison is a good Championship winger.

In the current set up of our team, I dont see Lopes as a starter for us at all. I thunk hes challenge at right back.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users