Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

These signings really came out of nowhere. Gives me a glimmer of hope for a big signing. 

whoa whoa whoa whoa. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Not a Shield winner, but definitely not 9th or worse in the East. 

J$en

Royer Kaku Sims

Davis Casseres

Taxi Long Parker Egbo(?)

J$en(?)

Meara Tarek Duncan Valot Muyl Rza White

White will 100% be the starter up top.  And I'm really curious to see what he does in the defensive midfield because the way you have it is the correct way.

And outside of Egbo and Jansen being amazing, I'd like Meara and Duncan/Buck getting the starts just for continuity early on.  I think a lot of teams struggle early in the league because they don't let guys acclimate.  

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So do we have any intel on these two guys or are we just going to do the usual of evaluating these moves based off of FIFA ratings and youtube videos? I imagine Egbo is a tough evaluation but has anyone watched Utrecht?

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
Egbo has managed to play 5 times this season for 12th-place Darmstadt of the German 2.Bundesliga. He started a couple of games at the beginning of the season, but hasn't made a first team appearance since August. Last season, he played for Monchengladbach II in the fourth division and racked up 8 yellows and 2 reds in 24 games.

Great use of an international spot.

I don't know anything about Jensen, but it doesn't say great things that he got beaten out for the starting job this season by a 21-year-old from the reserve team.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Egbo has managed to play 5 times this season for 12th-place Darmstadt of the German 2.Bundesliga. He started a couple of games at the beginning of the season, but hasn't made a first team appearance since August. Last season, he played for Monchengladbach II in the fourth division and racked up 8 yellows and 2 reds in 24 games.

The fact that he hasn't played since the start of the season for a mid-table BL2 team means that he's prolly gonna be competition for Duncan, rather than an outright replacement.  Still, we sorely needed depth/competition at RB, so hard to be upset about this.

Still think we need DP/TAM level striker and/or defensive midfielder/destroyer.  

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

I don't know anything about Jensen, but it doesn't say great things that he got beaten out for the starting job this season by a 21-year-old from the reserve team.

Damn, that shows awful timing and decisions as a defender.  Especially as an outside back, that's crazy.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I really dislike evaluations like this. Imagine being an Anderlecht fan and evaluating the Murillo transfer based on the fact that he lost starts to Duncan and Buckmaster. That's not to say that game info isn't relevant context but there's a lot that goes into why a player did or didn't get games. 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Not a Shield winner, but definitely not 9th or worse in the East. 

J$en

Royer Kaku Sims

Davis Casseres

Taxi Long Parker Egbo(?)

J$en(?)

Meara Tarek Duncan Valot Muyl Rza White

Id say a normal 18 looks like this RN

White

Royer - Kaku - Sims

CCJ - RZA

Taxi - Long - Parker - Duncan/Eggboy

Jensen/Ryan

Jensen/Ryan ; Tarek, Duncan/Eggboy ; Davis, Valot, Muyl ; Barlow

Thats really not that terrible but im still nervous this is a 2.0 / 3.0 roster and mls just hit 4.0 with the attacking talent teams are bringing in.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Egbo seems like he could be good.  Young enough to hope for improvement.  Not sure about signing a foreign goalkeeper. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
84 appearances in the German 4th tier
5 appearance in the German 2nd tier
1 appearance in the Bundesliga

22 appearances in the German 5th tier
65 appearances in the German 4th tier
16 appearances in the German 3rd tier

Which one is Ivan and which one is Egbo?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Im expecting Jensen to start. Like others have said, I cant see using an international spot on a backup GK.

Egbo is depth right now, whether he becomes more than that we will see.

Either way the impact on the starting XI is close to minimal. Still need 1-2 higher level starting XI signings for me to feel better about the clubs ambitions this season.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

So basically what you're saying we're probably paying Egbo $350k?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

that would be crazy if we did pay him 300k or more. i'm thinking he'd be getting what Meara or Tarek gets.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

84 appearances in the German 4th tier
5 appearance in the German 2nd tier
1 appearance in the Bundesliga

22 appearances in the German 5th tier
65 appearances in the German 4th tier
16 appearances in the German 3rd tier

Hard to compare players like this.  Egbo is younger and hopefully has more of  an upside than Ivan did.  Anyway, the comparison that really matters isn't Egbo and Ivan, it's Egbo and Duncan.  How would Duncan do in the Bundesliga 2?

Bobby Wood has 6 appearances this year in the B2, and a lot of people would be happy to get him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users