63 replies to this topic

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Im gonna try to do one of these every maybe 2 weeks throughout the season.

Its totally my opinion and with no preseason video yet its extra pointless but why not

fhmfhmhgkghk.png

I only have players that are officially signed either RB or RB2, and moving forward I wont add players I dont feel I can judge correctly yet.

Also I wanted to only put everyone once so is RZA went down Davis would be starter and if Royer I imagine sims to LW and Muyl to RM,

Only real controversial one is Rito over Bucky and it will take a lot for me to feel different.

Thoughts?

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

I love this kinda stuff, nice work! Is the base formation 4222 or 4231?

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The starting lineup still looks solid, but depth isn't anywhere close to where it's been the last few years.

If nobody gets injured, we're a playoff team with a distant shot at a title

If a few people get injured, we're struggling for a playoff spot.

If lots of people get injured, playoffs are a pipe dream.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Fernandez is definitely a wide player. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Fernandez is definitely a wide player. 

He played centrally once or twice last year as a CAM/2nd striker. Worked out alright, he showed flashes on the ball but no real end product.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Valot can play at RW. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
I honestly think Stroud is a backup at CAM, while Fernandez and Valot are wing depth that can also play CAM.

I think the depth is better than last year. We had guys like Koffi, Bezecourt, Epps, and Ivan taking up roster spots and senior roster spots.

Now we have guys with higher upsides and good track records in USL in Lema, Stroud, a highly touted academy prospect in Tolkin, Sims for a full season, and hopefully a health Flo Valot.

If Hamlett wasnt blowing smoke about adding a few more pieces, ideally at ST and CM, and they are of quality to step into the XI this team looks even better.

I dont know if its not having Kaku available yet for the first few preseason games, but they seem to be experimenting with the 4-2-2-2 again.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Its totally my opinion and with no preseason video yet its extra pointless but why not

fhmfhmhgkghk.png

I only have players that are officially signed either RB or RB2, and moving forward I wont add players I dont feel I can judge correctly yet.

Also I wanted to only put everyone once so is RZA went down Davis would be starter and if Royer I imagine sims to LW and Muyl to RM,

Only real controversial one is Rito over Bucky and it will take a lot for me to feel different.

Thoughts?

I definitely think thats a team that misses the play-offs.

Also, is Rito signed to the Sr roster?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

fhmfhmhgkghk.png

Having these 3 right backs is like.......taking over a team on FIFA in Franchise mode. Checking the roster and seeing your right backs have ratings of:

And saying.....shit! Why dont we sell all 3 and use the money to buy 1 right back with a 75 rating?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Having these 3 right backs is like.......taking over a team on FIFA in Franchise mode. Checking the roster and seeing your right backs have ratings of:

And saying.....shit! Why dont we sell all 3 and use the money to buy 1 right back with a 75 rating?

Because in real life as opposed to fifa their value is nonexistent because no teams want our trash?

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

what about Duncan performances late last season didn't you like?  

He looked like MLS starter to me. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

fhmfhmhgkghk.png

Thoughts?

Thanks for putting this together. Nice work.

If they roll out the 4-2-3-1 again (which I hope they don't), I'm not entirely comfortable with White getting the keys up top.

He did well in BWP's absence last season but he is coming off an injury and it will be tough to replicate the goalscoring pace he had. Barlow and Jorgensen aren't any better.

Skill-wise I think the forward group is among the bottom in the league.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics

Sadly, it looks like you have to do some editing...

1st team roster:

Kaku Sims Long Parker Royer Rza Davis Jorgen$en Tarek Meara Casseres Valot Duncan

Muyl White McIntosh

Tolkin Omir Lema Stroud Buck Barlow Mines Nealis

Team needs (8 int'l spots taken, 6 open spots, ~4 on senior roster, 2 on supp/res/dev roster)

ST CDM LB CB

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Thoughts? 

For fun, insert former players who held spots last season, in another color, with a line drawn through them.
Robles, Lawrence, BWP, etc.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

what about Duncan performances late last season didn't you like?  
He looked like MLS starter to me. 

Small sample size and injury history are both worrisome.

But yeah, if he's healthy and continues playing at the level we saw, we are set at RB. (And we have Buckmaster!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users