sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT
https://twitter.com/...7535541249?s=21

Make if it what you will. A few people have tweeted about this, but I havent seen reliable sourcing.

GMoney, try to contain your excitement.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I knew I recognized the name, that's the SD for Wolves.

Would be a huge get. Fingers crossed RB has finally got fed up with the inability of Hamlett to do anything.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Awesome. For better or worse Hamlett is now directly accountable to someone who matters.

I'm also hoping stuff like this is the reason we've been quiet on the transfer market so far. I can live with an underwhelming winter and maybe even a forgettable 2020 season if (big if) they wanted to get all their ducks in a row in terms of scouting, analytics, and the general organizational structure so the team has the decision makers they want for big moves going forward.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

https://www.espn.com...f-sport-sources

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
https://www.change.o...mpton-wanderers

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Awesome. For better or worse Hamlett is now directly accountable to someone who matters.

I'm also hoping stuff like this is the reason we've been quiet on the transfer market so far. I can live with an underwhelming winter and maybe even a forgettable 2020 season if (big if) they wanted to get all their ducks in a row in terms of scouting, analytics, and the general organizational structure so the team has the decision makers they want for big moves going forward.

I don't buy the idea that we need to sacrifice a year entirely while we sort things out.    We have plenty of flexibility to add a big piece or two now without sacrificing flexibility for the future.    Kaku and Royer and Sims and Long are all going to be on their way out (potentially) this summer or next year.   

That said, this is RB making a big investment in the team from a brainpower standpoint, which we desperately need since Marsch left, and essentially demotes Hamlett to a role he's more qualified to execute.     Great news.  Hopefully this guy is alreay on a labne plane to training camp so he can do serious player evaluation before the season

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos

https://www.change.o...mpton-wanderers

A 3 year old petition. Wolves doing pretty good this season, Id say! Top 10 of the English league pyramid.

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos

labne.

mmmmmm😛

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

A 3 year old petition. Wolves doing pretty good this season, Id say! Top 10 of the English league pyramid.

They got off to a slow start.   The way they've been playing the last couple months they'd be Champions League contenders, at least until they bust Traore for steroids.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I don't buy the idea that we need to sacrifice a year entirely while we sort things out.    We have plenty of flexibility to add a big piece or two now without sacrificing flexibility for the future.    Kaku and Royer and Sims and Long are all going to be on their way out (potentially) this summer or next year.   

That said, this is RB making a big investment in the team from a brainpower standpoint, which we desperately need since Marsch left, and essentially demotes Hamlett to a role he's more qualified to execute.     Great news.  Hopefully this guy is alreay on a labne to training camp so he can do serious player evaluation.

I think you're missing my point a bit. 

You're Ralf Rangnick and Marc de Grandpre. It's December 20th, 2019. You have $X million dollars in the transfer kit. Regardless of whether that'ss $2M or $30M, You have a brand new head scout and you're searching for Sporting Director. You're going to want to give those guys maximum flexibility as they assess the organization's needs. The more you spend now, the less agency you've given them in fixing what they perceive to be issues. 

Anyway, I didn't say we "need" to sacrifice a year. What I said is that I can live with it. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Why not just fire Hamlett and replace him with this guy?

What has Hamlett done that they have to keep paying him a salary?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Two people now filling one job?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Hamlett knows how GAM, TAM, etc work.  MLS is a weird league, even if you plan on firing Hamlett a transition period would be useful.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

https://abc7ny.com/s...ources/5900218/

Dyer 

A source told ESPN that the official announcement regarding Thelwell is expected on Tuesday.

New role above Hamlette

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

This guy is being brought in to specifically evaluate Hamlett, among other things. You want him to fire a guy he probably hasn't even met yet? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users