45 replies to this topic

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

For people who are members I would encourage you to write your ticket rep about this. I'm going to wait and see what this actually means once I've been to a game, but certainly seems strange on the surface.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I meant that if they switch to a DJ style announcer, or in-game annoying host, not specifically Bob, as great as he is at his job. I see them pushing the Labelle as the MC thing and cut aways on the screen to fans on every dead ball things hard. These things do not make a good in-stadium experience in soccer.

You mean Labelle talking during on dead balls? I don't see that happening. They had a few different hosts and there was a DJ for a bunch of games anyway.

I just don't see it being that big of a deal.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts

The overwhelming majority of people have stopped going altogether.  Which is why they're tarping seats like they're back in Giants Stadium.

Did I say attendance was good? Besides some on the forum do you really believe that many people care about who the PA announcer is?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Like NittanyMetros said, attendance was way down last year and will probably get even worse in 2020.  As a result, they may likely need to cut the budget on gamely costs.  How many concession workers would equal what Bob was getting per game?  It sucks, because I think a good PA guy, like a solid organ player at a hockey game, can make a difference to the match experience.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

write your ticket rep about this.

Has that ever worked before?
Was a script provided at the sales meeting today?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

You could just improve the marketing and on-field performance if you want to address the declining revenue. That's one thought.

Instead you got Armas saying it's a "process" only a month after saying we could win MLS Cup.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
No Labelle at all yesterday. No new annoying DJ host. Nothing crazy during dead balls. Was pretty much the same thing as years past.

Had a woman host the Lade ceremony and a post game interview with Davis but nothing out of the ordinary so far like some were worried about.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

They new guy sounded like a high school announcer, but its his first one so I'll cut him some slack.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

I missed Bob Galerstien just as much as I thought I would. Gonna take a while to get use to this...

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

at least the spanish guy is still there and i got to hear my "red bulls dos....cincinnati zeroooooooooooo" for the 1st time this year!

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

I missed Bob Galerstien just as much as I thought I would. Gonna take a while to get use to this...

Yeah, no disrespect to the new guy,who I hope does well, but I really missed Bob

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

It was good to hear him the day before at the Guardians XFL game at Metlife Stadium. Sucks the FO fired him.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

Sucks the FO fired him.

Was he fired? Or was his contract up and not renewed?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Circling back to Galerstein, since the Cincy match had a fill in guy last March if you are in the building on 4/17 youll hear the new PA announcer for the first time.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
Galerstein PA announcer at the Rock for Devils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users