https://twitter.com/...9628351488?s=21

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

"But, again, that would be, if they find the right piece and the right person and player that fits, at the right time."

Right piece = doesn't exist

Right person = no one

Right time = never

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Right piece= draft pick
Right person= white dude from a private college
Right time= mid winter, every offseason

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

"We played Atlanta in preseason, they had six shots, we had five, it was right there, we had three balanced teams, they had their best team on the field."

165948.jpg?b64lines=IEkgRE9OJ1QgS05PVyBX

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
So basically White/Barlow/Jorgensen as the strikers until the summer.

It's just not good enough. White is coming off an injury. Barlow and Jorgensen are too raw.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
https://twitter.com/...6467980288?s=19

"Asked Chris Armas what his expectations are for 2020 season given that much of team that finished in sixth place last year is back.

He said he's not thinking about the playoffs or MLS Cup and no one is talking about. He added his focus is on excellence & the process."

Well I'm glad nobody is thinking about the playoffs, because with our roster now, we're probably a good 2-3 spots out of it.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Lots of spin and bullshit in there.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
And, we can score. So, my energy comes from these players. I dont waste any energy, I wont waste any energy worrying about what we dont have.

What is this nonsense? Why not care about what we are missing??

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

And, we can score. So, my energy comes from these players. I dont waste any energy, I wont waste any energy worrying about what we dont have.

What is this nonsense? Why not care about what we are missing??

It's not like he's at a club that is going to go out and get him the pieces he needs, he has to go with the guys here.  Makes sense that he doesn't want to demoralize them by saying they aren't good enough.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts

It's not like he's at a club that is going to go out and get him the pieces he needs, he has to go with the guys here.  Makes sense that he doesn't want to demoralize them by saying they aren't good enough.

True, this is more of an indictment of Hamlett. To spend or not to spend

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

It's incredibly patronizing for him and Hamlett to sit here and try to tell us that they don't bother thinking about what White and Barlow can do versus what Diego Rossi or Josef Martinez can do. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

his focus is on excellence & the process.

What?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

It's incredibly patronizing for him and Hamlett to sit here and try to tell us that they don't bother thinking about what White and Barlow can do versus what Diego Rossi or Josef Martinez can do. 

They both know on which side their bread is buttered.  RBG does not go for straying from the mantra.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

It depends how much say Armas has on personnel. If he has zero what good does it do him or the players to focus on how much better the players on LAFC and ATL UTD are? Now Hamlett, different story.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

It depends how much say Armas has on personnel. If he has zero what good does it do him or the players to focus on how much better the players on LAFC and ATL UTD are? Now Hamlett, different story.

In regards to the message, it's irrelevant. I get that it may put Armas in an awkward spot but the end result is the manager insulting our intelligence by trying to pass this off as a legitimate belief he has. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users