252 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I agree with you in that Im not overly confident that well walk all over them because they should be the cellar dwellers of the league again. However, I wouldnt put a ton of stock into that one game against them.

Well I started screaming for Armas head after that game last year so...yeah...I do put a lot of stock in that performance.

IMO we should have fired him and Ham Sandwich after that god awful display against an absolute doormat of a team.

Moo

Moo

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:MLSM, WoSoMan
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal, US, England

so zero TV for this one, not even a facebook stream or something?

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Well I started screaming for Armas head after that game last year so...yeah...I do put a lot of stock in that performance.

IMO we should have fired him and Ham Sandwich after that god awful display against an absolute doormat of a team.

Im not disputing the merits (or lack thereof) of Armas and Hamlett. Just using the small sample size of one game as a predictive metric for another game.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I am quite certain the game will be on MSG

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Im not disputing the merits (or lack thereof) of Armas and Hamlett. Just using the small sample size of one game as a predictive metric for another game.

That game wasnt the ONLY reason I wanted them canned. I fucking hated the way the team looked in 2019 up until that performance. And yeah it was relatively early in the season but I had seen enough.

That was the final straw for me.

Unfortunately Armas somehow strung together a few decent results afterwards (while the team still looked like garbage) which quite possibly is why he kept his job. That...or Papa Red Bull didnt give a shit anyway.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

They always wait to the very last minute to announce the MSG deal, but 95+% it will be on MSG.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
Red Bulls confirmed that MSG will carry games in 2020 back when the schedule was released. They kinda slipped it into the schedule press release.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

They always wait to the very last minute to announce the MSG deal, but 95+% it will be on MSG.

Red Bulls confirmed that MSG will carry games in 2020 back when the schedule was released. They kinda slipped it into the schedule press release.

Yup...

https://www.newyorkr...20-mls-schedule

"MSG Networks, which has been the clubs regional television home since 1996, will again air all local broadcasts in 2020. MSG Networks will telecast pregame and postgame coverage for all home games the network televises, and pregame shows for all away games it televises."

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Cincinnati's offseason acquisitions so far below...

They added one DP. Kubo, but the guy doesn't seem to have scored much in a few years. Can't claim to know much about him.

Medunjanin always played very well against us for Philly but also had a habit of getting eaten alive by our press, he's a very slow and methodical player on the ball.

90IPoRr.png

They added Jurgen Locadia from Brighton as a DP

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

They also just added Siem de Jong, 31 years old, has played at Ajax, PSV, Newcastle and FC Sydney.  61 goals in 193 appearances for Ajax.

https://sbisoccer.co...ns-siem-de-jong

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Also 31 year old DP attacking mid Siem de Jong from Ajax/on loan to Sydney

NVM

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

They also just added Siem de Jong, 31 years old, has played at Ajax, PSV, Newcastle and FC Sydney.  61 goals in 193 appearances for Ajax.

https://sbisoccer.co...ns-siem-de-jong

As the Euro Milo, heres the scouting report.

Big prospect coming out of Holland, was getting Dutch caps early in his career. Landed a surprise move to Newcastle as a huge signing as his big move. Never produced. Never even looked good.

As a prospect with a big name hes been able to bounce around. I dont think any of his clubs have ever been happy with him after his first move.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

As the Euro Milo, heres the scouting report.

Big prospect coming out of Holland, was getting Dutch caps early in his career. Landed a surprise move to Newcastle as a huge signing as his big move. Never produced. Never even looked good.

As a prospect with a big name hes been able to bounce around. I dont think any of his clubs have ever been happy with him after his first move.

Sounds like perfect guy for MLS and I expect him to be better than any of our signings, not like that is much of a measuring stick though..

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Sounds like perfect guy for MLS and I expect him to be better than any of our signings, not like that is much of a measuring stick though..

lol what signings

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

any guesses at the starting XI?

---------------Royer-Jorg

---------------Kaku-Sims

-----------Davis-Casseres

-Seacrest-Parker-Long-Duncan

-----------------Jensen

Made the assumption that they'll sign Seacrest and he played a bit at LB during the pre-season. Other than that, it's a toss up between Davis/Rza and Jorg/White/Barlow.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users