123 replies to this topic

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Based on his play last year I dont think Davis even deserves to be on the field. That could have been an Armas problem though. Curious to see how he plays this season. Might also have been just a sub par season from him.

I just remembered that Sean Davis did not start the playoff game vs Philly.

Kinda weird...he wasn't a choice for the biggest game of the season but now he's captain??

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Meh, not sure what the armband really means....but he wouldn't be my choice. IMHO, I go with Royer or Long. 

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls
How is this guy captain? No goals and 2 assists in 28 games last year. Hes not a good defender either.

I was hoping to see him on the bench.

He has to step his game up, take risks on the field and lead.
The spotlight is on him now because the captain cant just be running on the field. He needs to make a difference.

Re vote and give it to Kaku or Royer.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

How is this guy captain? No goals and 2 assists in 28 games last year. Hes not a good defender either.

I was hoping to see him on the bench.

He has to step his game up, take risks on the field and lead.
The spotlight is on him now because the captain cant just be running on the field. He needs to make a difference.

Re vote and give it to Kaku or Royer.

I understand the hesitancy to give it to a guy that maybe shouldnt be a starter in Davis, but Kaku? He was petulant for half the season last year. He didnt get his move to Mexico and he acted like a child about. Theres a very good argument for Royer as hes a locked in starter and proven goal scorer.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I understand the hesitancy to give it to a guy that maybe shouldnt be a starter in Davis, but Kaku? He was petulant for half the season last year. He didnt get his move to Mexico and he acted like a child about. 

I could not think of a worse person on the team to be captain than Kaku. You didn't even mention the Sporting KC fiasco or the fact that he still seems very far from fluent in English.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Royer, Long, Parker, and Davis are the only candidates for captain. I dont think Davis will be with us by this time next year, but there you have it. The curse will continue!

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

I could not think of a worse person on the team to be captain than Kaku. You didn't even mention the Sporting KC fiasco or the fact that he still seems very far from fluent in English.

I mentioned Kaku because he is probably the most talented. So give him the captain responsibility and put pressure on him to act right and step his game up.

Pressure makes diamonds.

Giving it to Davis is a waste of time. Unless he turns into a different player (which he should). Every game leave it on the field, try risky but imaginative passes, shoot from distance, get stuck in, and get in his teammates faces when they do stupid stuff.

But we know he cant do that.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Don't believe Kaku speaks good English (or much at all?), that would be a bit pointless.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Armas: Alright Kaku, let's get in there and fire the boys up!

Kaku: Que?

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Captain for a MLS team really means your the player thats allowed to speak to the referee during the game. Its totally overrated.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I mentioned Kaku because he is probably the most talented. So give him the captain responsibility and put pressure on him to act right and step his game up.

Pressure makes diamonds.

Giving it to Davis is a waste of time. Unless he turns into a different player (which he should). Every game leave it on the field, try risky but imaginative passes, shoot from distance, get stuck in, and get in his teammates faces when they do stupid stuff.

But we know he cant do that.

So you basically think the being captain would likely make Kaku a better player because pressure makes diamonds but that logic does not apply to Sean Davis, who by all accounts possesses many of the qualities you want in a leader and captain?

This is of course leaving aside the fact that Kaku lacks skills essential to being a leader. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Armas: Alright Kaku, let's get in there and fire the boys up!

Kaku: Que?

Kaku to the team : mucho trabajo

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Kaku to the team : mucho trabajo

Veron: Que?

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Veron: Que?

https://youtu.be/ZWSd85yuDE8

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

So you basically think the being captain would likely make Kaku a better player because pressure makes diamonds but that logic does not apply to Sean Davis, who by all accounts possesses many of the qualities you want in a leader and captain?

This is of course leaving aside the fact that Kaku lacks skills essential to being a leader. 

He has all the skill except hes not a good player, wouldnt be a starter this year if they hadnt given him captain.

I hope he steps up. Chances are he wont.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users