51 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I've liked the 4-4-2 so far. It comes with a few square peg / round hole situations, but the guys look comfortable attacking and defending out of it. 

I'd rotate in Sims for Valot, and literally anyone else for Seagrist.

For being a far from perfect team, four points out of those first two games looks good. Another point here would be solid.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Would like to see some more speed with the front two players.

Should run out Sims or Jørgensen up top.

If Long is ready to go Id consider throwing Tarek at LB until we can get Pendant in and up to speed.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts

Minnesota scored this goal tonight and I can totally see them doing it at least once against us. Parker's gotta get better.

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Minnesota scored this goal tonight and I can totally see them doing it at least once against us. Parker's gotta get better.

They won't even think about trying that against us! ;)

Excellence Not Expectations

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Supports:Metro

#37 is 100% Parker.  Seemed lost on every ball into the box all night.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Minnesota scored this goal tonight.

So, Minny managed to obtain a tall Paraguayan on loan,
who averages almost a goal per game:
https://en.m.wikiped...i/Luis_Amarilla
They also acquired aging Ike Opara for $900K in TAM;
he winds up Defender of the Year.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Im pretty sure the problem is talent, coaching, etc.

Well, there is no doubt we are short on talent, but we need to make the best use of talent be already have. I dont think playing Sims 20 to 30 minutes per game qualifies. Royer showed he can play as a striker yet we are insisting on putting waste of space White and Barlow for 90 minutes total. We did not use the best talent we had last year by benching Anderlecht starter Murillo in favor of out of the MLS job Buckmaster, and doing the same thing now.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
The more I look at yesterday's game the more I like the idea of Sims joining Royer up top. If we're looking for skill, speed, and finishing, he's at least got two of the three. White can tap it in but has no foot speed or skill, Barlow can run but can't do anything with the ball.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
----royer---sims
----kaku-----valot
----ccj----davis
Tarek--long---parker---duncan
---------jensen

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts

How are you guys feeling about Jensen? He's getting results but I haven't bought all in yet. He always seems to hesitate for a brief half second before coming off his line, or takes an angle on the ball that's just a few degrees off.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

Jensen ... seems to hesitate ... before coming off his line, or takes an angle ... that's just a few degrees off.

Rip Tinto Stadium elevation is 4,500 feet.
Ball acts differently there.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

----royer---sims
----kaku-----valot
----ccj----davis
---------jensen

Arguably our best 11 players on the field at the same time (not sure about Jensen vs Meara yet, and maybe Rzatkowski over one of the CM's, depending on the day)

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
Four different goalscorers in two games.
Will another player score next? Who?
I would like to see Valot put one in.
Long, Parker or Tarek on a corner?
Shocked if Barlow or White.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

----royer---sims
----kaku-----valot
----ccj----davis
---------jensen

Having no recognized forward for an extended period of 5-10 games would be a disaster.

Royer is a very good/excellent MLS player. Hes a natural winger and is definitely not a natural striker. Hes been pushed to play as a 2nd striker and does so admirably.

As a target striker hed get eaten alive. Its just not his game. He works best in space and on counter attacks.

Sims has never scored at any level in his life. I have no idea why people would want to see him as a pure striker.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

Having no recognized forward for an extended period of 5-10 games would be a disaster.

4-6-0 has worked in Spain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users