• 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

----royer---sims
----kaku-----valot
----ccj----davis
Tarek--long---parker---duncan
---------jensen

In kicking ass inc FIFA with this.... just saying.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i usually switch to FIFA online seasons once i get bored of the Ultimate Team Scene...last year i was in Div 1 in seasons, this year i'm barely in division 9 lol

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Gotta play smart and be on our toes.  Minnesota's been strong at home since they opened Allianz Field.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Long, Parker or Tarek on a corner?

Don't hold your breath! Collectively scored 10 goals over 176 starts in the past 3 seasons (per WhoScored).

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

4-6-0 has worked in Spain.

Sure, but remember the players it worked with?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

remember the players it worked with?

http://thefootballfr...ion-in.html?m=1
Good for a team with no strikers ...

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

10 goals over 176 starts in the past 3 seasons.

So, you are telling me there is a chance?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

How are you guys feeling about Jensen? He's getting results but I haven't bought all in yet. He always seems to hesitate for a brief half second before coming off his line, or takes an angle on the ball that's just a few degrees off.

So far so great. He made several huge saves and no mistakes. All goals allowed were point blank shots, which no one would have saved. We'll have to see how he does going forward, but so far looks no worse than Robles, which is a pretty high bar. In fact I watched Miami highlights this year, and I actually thought both goals Robles allowed from the field were not unsavable. Came out too far and got chipped on one, and on the free kick, which didn't look all that hard, wasn't able to get to the ball, which bounced off the post to forward, who hit it pretty hard but right at him, while he kinda a leaned to the right. The point is that Jensen so far looks to be an upgrade over Robles, which is all we could hope for at this stage. Now he just needs to keep this up, and he might even make injury prone Meara the back-up again.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I actually watched the first 2 Miami games and Robles was incredible. He singlehandedly kept Miami in the game with 4-5 amazing saves.

Jensen didnt get much work week 1 and I didnt see last weeks game, so I cant really comment.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Having no recognized forward for an extended period of 5-10 games would be a disaster.

Royer is a very good/excellent MLS player. Hes a natural winger and is definitely not a natural striker. Hes been pushed to play as a 2nd striker and does so admirably.

As a target striker hed get eaten alive. Its just not his game. He works best in space and on counter attacks.

Sims has never scored at any level in his life. I have no idea why people would want to see him as a pure striker.

White is not a recognized forward, whether that means. Has been an absolute waste of space thus far. I just don't see how we can do worse by replacing him with Sims and at least attempting to see what Royer can do as a solo striker. Whatever it is, it simply cannot be any worse than what White has done, which is nothing.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Just give me a different XI. If this club believes in a meritocracy, Parker and/or Seagrist will be benched assuming Long is healthy.

Murillo and Kaku last season were held to a certain standard, well see if Armas has his guys or if performance actually matters.

At some point Jørgensen has to get a shot, maybe his floor isnt as high as White or Barlow but his ceiling is higher and right now they are punting $2.5 million

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i would caution against pulling people in and out of the lineup each week, but i 100% agree that someone other than white or barlow should start this week.  leave parker in as he'll hopefully have Long back alongside of him

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

i would caution against pulling people in and out of the lineup each week, but i 100% agree that someone other than white or barlow should start this week.  leave parker in as he'll hopefully have Long back alongside of him

Agreed.  If this team is going to have any success this year, it will be based on the implementation and execution of a team oriented system.  If you are cycling through players frequently you are never going to be able to get the system working optimally wiht the top players and you will end up in a worse spot. 

Simply benching players who you think are not performing at their peak does not help the team unless the players behind them are at the same or higher level than those they are replacing. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Assuming Long is back, he slots in next to Parker, with Tarek moving to LB, and Seagrist to the bench.

Up top maybe give Jorgensen a shot. I know he hasnt been great with putting his opportunities away, but White and Barlow havent been getting into dangerous spots to generate any opportunities. Thats not all on them and I do think theyve both worked hard and done some good things that dont show up on the stats sheet, I just think its worth taking a look at something else.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Assuming Long is back, he slots in next to Parker, with Tarek moving to LB, and Seagrist to the bench.

Up top maybe give Jorgensen a shot. I know he hasnt been great with putting his opportunities away, but White and Barlow havent been getting in.  to dangerous spots to generate any opportunities. Thats not all on them and I do think theyve both worked hard and done some good things that dont show up on the stats sheet, I just think its worth taking a look at something else.

They saw Matty Ice plenty in pre-season, and everyday in practice.  Its been just two games.   If he's our best hope, we are in trouble.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users