Good news or bad news? (Leipzig doesn't want any NY players)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I know you said "establish himself elsewhere" on purpose, but Miazga had done pretty well for himself. Playing in Europe, getting paid a Prem salary and still on the NT radar is not bad at all, even if he's had to go on a number of loans away from Chelsea.

Everything is relative. If in five years Omir Fernandez is a rotation player for Wigan we'd champion it as an incredible success. If Tyler Adams is doing the same we'd be wondering what the hell went wrong for him.

I'd say that Miazga has been a moderate failure based on expectations. I think most people expected him to be a no-doubt USMNT starter, or at least close to it, by now. Surely a regular starter for a team in the top flight of a good European league.

More to my point, I don't see how staying another year or so at RBNY would have put him in a worse position to develop than what has instead transpired.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I'm sure they tried, and I'm sure the Reyna family was smart enough to say no.

Same with McKennie at Dallas.

The fucked up part is that it was Claudio Reyna who was in charge of trying to sign his son to NYCFC.  I never understood why the NYCFC fans were not more angry about this obvious conflict of interest.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users