• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts
Lets play a game. if lalas was still in charge, how low would he sell Ream to europe?

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

InkedAG

InkedAG

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, Arsenal

Lets play a game. if lalas was still in charge, how low would he sell Ream to europe?

That sounds like a creepy scary game!

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem

If it's any consolation, Alexi just gave out his "Lexi" awards on ESPN2. He chose Ream as RoY and Backe as Manager of the Year.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

Rooney22

Rooney22

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

Posted Image

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
2010 Rookie of the Year is pulling splinters out of his ass while Tim Ream is seeing every minute of action for the Red Bulls (outside of C-Bus). Great call MLS!

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem

2010 Rookie of the Year is pulling splinters out of his ass while Tim Ream is seeing every minute of action for the Red Bulls (outside of C-Bus). Great call MLS!

That was not an off week for Tim either, he started for the Nats that week and as I recall was not subbed off. Tim Ream>Iron Man
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA
When journalists, coaches and experts pick a most valuable player they often get it wrong. So with the gift of hindsight, you can call them dumb.

In my long, long experience of watching these picks, to me the worst pick ever was the Most Valuable Player of the 1954 World Series. It was not Willie Mays, believe it or not. Instead they went for a guy who got lucky and hit a pop-up 200 foot home run. Meanwhile Cleveland is still mesmerized by "The Catch".

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

When journalists, coaches and experts pick a most valuable player they often get it wrong. So with the gift of hindsight, you can call them dumb.

In my long, long experience of watching these picks, to me the worst pick ever was the Most Valuable Player of the 1954 World Series. It was not Willie Mays, believe it or not. Instead they went for a guy who got lucky and hit a pop-up 200 foot home run. Meanwhile Cleveland is still mesmerized by "The Catch".

Have no idea what you just said. Who the fuck is Willie Mays? Who gives a crap about baseball and their stats?

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Have no idea what you just said. Who the fuck is Willie Mays?

Posted Image

I'd like to know the formula for the ROTY award. I highly doubt journalists count for 25% of the vote, if any at all.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Even if journalists count for 25% of the vote, that means Don and his boy's count for 75%. Good system.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos

looks like Backe (the facebook Backe) responds quite well to the awards not going our way:

Posted Image

Just want to bump this bit of awesomeness. Great job! :cheers:

whoshotsam

whoshotsam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Chelsea
Still amazes me that Najar won ROY last year. 5 goals and 1 assist for a total shit team. Wow.
"Defeatism is punishable by death." - You Suck Corrales

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Still amazes me that Najar won ROY last year. 5 goals and 1 assist for a total shit team. Wow.

The Don thinks it's important for DC to win something every year and it is clear that Loser of the Year wasn't what he had in mind. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users