162 replies to this topic

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

True, if the player in question isn't going to improve to any great extent.  But they bought Yearwood when he was 19; Brentford was/is expecting him to get better over the course of the 4 year deal.

But you're right, there could be a million reasons that we don't know about.

Ideally you buy a guy and he plays 12 seasons for you. But young players are investments. There isn't any public information on what he transfer fee was to Brentford, but hypothetically if they bought him for $500K and then sell him for $1.8M then that's tidy business as well. They could need the money for other positions.

I mean if this guy went to Brentford and shit the bed so badly that they just want to get rid of him, it's hard to believe that Thelwell:

1. Wouldn't be privy to that

2. Would pay $2M for him

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

totally fair. CM depth would be:

Casseres Davis Yearwood Lema

with the pending move, possible that Rza would be backing up Kaku/Valot.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
We have a very ambitious USL team

5 year plan

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
Brentford is owned by the same guy who owns Midtjylland, Matthew Benham.

The last player we had come to us from a Matthew Benham club, also after one year there, was Danny Royer.

Here's to hoping that Yearwood is as successful as Royer. I'm always optimistic with transfers coming from analytics-driven clubs.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
I am just happy that RB are spending money.
I did not expect any moves this season,
hope there are a few more to come.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

If Football Manager ratings are to believed (and their scouting is extensive, as opposed to FIFA's), then he's exactly the kind of player we expect. High workrate, a lot of pace, will battle for balls. In the Adams mold. 

haha first thing i did a well.  we dont have a like for like playing style wise to Casseres which you need to play in a two man midfield so in concept the signing makes sense.  The transfer fee is low enough that he may not be a DP so we still have ammo to grab a forward/attacker.

Not as much of a dart throw as Jorgy based on his resume but isnt a sure thing either.  like the hole they are trying to fill though.      

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
What does this mean for our CM pairing? Cant imagine they are spending another $2 million like they did with Jørgensen and having him sit the bench.

Played at a higher level and more regularly than Mathias even though it was League One in England, so cant imagine hes going to be playing with the 2s.

Desperately need more young legs and high work rate in the center of the field

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

What does this mean for our CM pairing? Cant imagine they are spending another $2 million like they did with Jørgensen and having him sit the bench.

Honestly, it's very easy to imagine that happening. Veron, Gulbrandsen, Damari, Jorg, even Sims.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Played at a higher level and more regularly than Mathias even though it was League One in England, so cant imagine hes going to be playing with the 2s.

Desperately need more young legs and high work rate in the center of the field

RZA isn't a long-term player. It's going to be tough to swat away European interest in Casseres for much longer. I'd be surprised if this kid isn't a regular for 2020-21 one way or another. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

Honestly, it's very easy to imagine that happening. Veron, Gulbrandsen, Damari, Jorg, even Sims.

That was more of a hopeful, please dont happen again than anything else.

But seriously we need to start making good on these investments.

You dont buy a 20 year old CM to have him become the 3rd option on a 2 CM team. Hes being groomed/bought to take someones job.

All the Brits on twitter seem to be bewildered by him moving to MLS and have good things to say about his play.

Brentfords scouting network is pretty top notch, theyve found some real gems over the past few years, so if they liked him in the not to distant past that probably speaks well of his ability.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

That was more of a hopeful, please dont happen again than anything else.

But seriously we need to start making good on these investments.

You dont buy a 20 year old CM to have him become the 3rd option on a 2 CM team. Hes being groomed/bought to take someones job.

All the Brits on twitter seem to be bewildered by him moving to MLS and have good things to say about his play.

Brentfords scouting network is pretty top notch, theyve found some real gems over the past few years, so if they liked him in the not to distant past that probably speaks well of his ability.

yes CCJ job when he is sold within the year (Winter 20/21 or Summer 2021 transfer window)

as said RZA is now in back up role - player who is stable knows the system, can play ~ 4 positions.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

If Bragantino somehow performs beyond expectations and somehow qualifies for Libertadores, they might come calling, imo. also, LigaMX could look into Casseres. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
I cant imagine RZA is still here after this season.

Minutes dwindling, occupies intl slot, more depth at CM, salary, and age all factors.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
There is also the Sean Davis captains armband kiss of death to consider when thinking about the next CM to go

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Rza gets paid more than Davis, iirc, and is ~3 yrs older. I'd think this is Rza's last go around. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users