332 replies to this topic

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
One player in the top 5 mls players per position.

It was long at CB at #5.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Few things to note from MLS' roster site.
1. Kaku has been finally been removed from the team's roster on MLS' site. Hopefully this means the saga is wrapping up.
2. Pendant is listed as injured.
3. Still +1 on international spots.
4. Luca Lewis is listed as "Unavailable". In most cases I would lean towards this being the season-long loan to USL. While it likely is, Jorgensen is listed as "loaned out".

Still a slew of issues with the site. Player numbers, Casseres listed as a forward, Coronel listed as "Carlos", Harper listed as "Signed" but not with a Senior Roster player designation, Edwards not listed as "unavailable", bunch of player designations that don't match when going to RBNY site.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Actually promotion.... our Captain on WDHA in the next couple minutes...

"Blah blah blah new coach.... yada yada will take time to gel..."

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MattGP

MattGP

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

I'm not really sure which thread this belongs in, but Matthew Doyle's piece "All 27 MLS teams ranked by tier for 2021" contains this tidbit: "Long and Daniel Royer are the only two proven starters on this team, and sources around the league have told me all offseason that the Red Bulls were shopping Royer."

Realistically, how many of the starting 11 will this team turn over this year? To be expected, but I can't remember consecutive seasons where the roster was SO different.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Royer is another one like Davis that is in his option year.

Can understand with potential replacements being brought in (Harper, Klimala for Royer and Amaya for Davis) that they might want to cash in on some allocation money before letting them walk at the end of the season.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
New York Red Bulls and USMNT center back Aaron Long on European aspirations: "In terms of my situation with the Red Bulls, I'm just going to try to make the best of it, and we’ll see what happens." #RBNY

MLS_2021_NYRB.png

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

If we get the Devil and Amaya, I am very much inclined to side with the not a shit show offseason camp.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

at this point i'm just assuming we will make a U22 rule signing once Long goes to Europe within the next 12 months.  Hopefully whoever that is, is good.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

If we get the Devil and Amaya, I am very much inclined to side with the not a shit show offseason camp.

One can arguably be underwhelmed or pessimisitc, but "shitshow" would be difficult to justify.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I'm not really sure which thread this belongs in, but Matthew Doyle's piece "All 27 MLS teams ranked by tier for 2021" contains this tidbit: "Long and Daniel Royer are the only two proven starters on this team, and sources around the league have told me all offseason that the Red Bulls were shopping Royer."

Realistically, how many of the starting 11 will this team turn over this year? To be expected, but I can't remember consecutive seasons where the roster was SO different.

Can't say I'm too shocked, I'm sure they respect Royer plenty as a player but he seems like another square peg in a round hole for the formations Struber prefers. That inverted winger role is really where he shines and that doesn't exist in the diamond 4-4-2 or the 3-5-2. He's an OK second striker, but not a great one.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Royer was making 700k in 2019

Davis was making 300k in 2019

I'm not surprised that Royer is being shopped and that Davis could be on the way out too. Approx one million reasons to not have them on the roster anymore. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

One can arguably be underwhelmed or pessimisitc, but "shitshow" would be difficult to justify.

Challenge accepted!

We let go of known quantities (quality quantities as well) in Kaku and Parker and stocked up on a bunch of relatively unproven or previously underperforming kids.

Yes, some of them have upside, but I dont want upside. I want a cup.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

We let go of known quantities (quality quantities as well) in Kaku and Parker

We didnt really let go of Kaku, he just left.

As for Parker, I know a lot here will disagree, but I think his known quality of not being a great passer is the reason hes gone. Playing out of the back is important to Struber, its why he also brought in Colonel.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

If for any reason Meara wins the starting job, would mean that our RBS loanee keeper would be demoted to Lt. Coronel. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Challenge accepted!

lol Koko to be fair, we could be up 3-0 in an MLS Cup final with 5 minutes to go and you'd still find a way to call it a shitshow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users