701 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,243 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Is perrinelle definitely gone? He seems to always make the team in training camp.

He didn't get the usual "he's off contract but we hope to work something out" comment as he got in the past

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,921 posts
Has to be. They didn't express any interest in bringing him back. Always liked Perinelle. Solid player for this team and never got paid much.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Cristian Casseres is a Venezuelan holding mid that we apparently signed although no official announcment yet. The news originally came out a few weeks ago but I do really like what I seen of himon video. really young kid.

The Nigerian was a kid named Jerome Philip and was also really young. Remember the article about him a few weeks ago too. Also young and have no idea whether he's good or bad.

I am really curious abt Casseres. Heard a little abt him on the seeing red podcast. Good things were mentioned about him.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Is perrinelle definitely gone? He seems to always make the team in training camp.

Dyer reported that the team offered him a job in the scouting department but that Perinelle was evaluating his playing options.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Has to be. They didn't express any interest in bringing him back. Always liked Perinelle. Solid player for this team and never got paid much.

Don't disagree, but he's the one aging guy we kept a year too long in recent times. That said, not his fault he was asked to play an integral role at the back last year (injury problems for Collin/Baah obviously didn't help).

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Don't disagree, but he's the one aging guy we kept a year too long in recent times. That said, not his fault he was asked to play an integral role at the back last year (injury problems for Collin/Baah obviously didn't help).

I think the club learned your backup CB needs to be a player that can play 15+ if needed because of injury. I like Damien a lot as, hes just not a player you can rely on to give you a run of games in MLS anymore. Wouldnt mind him sticking around as a coach or scout, as someone mentioned he was offered.

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

You'd think after the CB experience of two seasons ago we would have been more prudent heading into last season, but we were not. I really hope Collin can stay healthy, but think it is unwise to expect him to be. 

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • Supports:Metro

You'd think after the CB experience of two seasons ago we would have been more prudent heading into last season, but we were not. I really hope Collin can stay healthy, but think it is unwise to expect him to be. 

BINGO.

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
I'm feelin pretty good about the age and depth of this team. The starting eleven may not be blockbusters but i think we've improved overall. Still hoping for Bezecourt to stake a claim.
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I'm feelin pretty good about the age and depth of this team. The starting eleven may not be blockbusters but i think we've improved overall. Still hoping for Bezecourt to stake a claim.

I'm a little disappointed in with the back line. Was hoping for an experienced starting CB to come in. We are relying on either A) Collin to be healthy or B) Redding to have a breakout year similar to Long last year. Neither of those are locks and if they don't happen, we are pretty screwed. Also, we still need an actual replacement for Taxi. Lade can play LB here or there but definitely cannot be a full time replacement for him. 

On the plus side, I am very excited for Kaku. We must think very highly of him if we are willing to pay such a high transfer for him. And curious about what Rivas can bring. I hope he can fit into the team better than Veron did.

How do we line up next year? I think its a toss up now with Kljestan out.

Maybe this?

BWP

Kaku-Adams-Royer

Felipe-Davis

Taxi/Lade - Long - Collin - Murillo

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

I'm a little disappointed in with the back line. Was hoping for an experienced starting CB to come in. We are relying on either A) Collin to be healthy or B) Redding to have a breakout year similar to Long last year.

Or C) Escobar to become a regular starter. I think people keep forgetting about him. I think the team brought him in with the expectation of him becoming a regular.

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Or C) Escobar to become a regular starter. I think people keep forgetting about him. I think the team brought him in with the expectation of him becoming a regular.

True. Wasn't really impressed by him last year but sometimes its difficult coming in mid season. Does he usually play CB or wing back for Panama?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,243 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Still,  Collin is unreliable, so even with a big year from Escobar, we can be in trouble.    If we move Adams away from wingback, then Murillo slides over and we don't have enough guys to cover the three CB spots with any kind of comfort level.   Escobar, Long and Collin, with Redding as the lone backup?   Gotta hope we go with a traditional 2 CB set up, or we sign someone else.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

^^He has always played CB for Panama (and his old club team). Not bad to have a first choice World Cup CB in our squad.

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Still,  Collin is unreliable, so even with a big year from Escobar, we can be in trouble.    If we move Adams away from wingback, then Murillo slides over and we don't have enough guys to cover the three CB spots with any kind of comfort level.   Escobar, Long and Collin, with Redding as the lone backup?   Gotta hope we go with a traditional 2 CB set up, or we sign someone else.

Agreed. I'd be really disappointed if we stay with the 3 CB formation considering CB is our worst position.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users