179 replies to this topic

Borats

Borats

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

You are right about me not being an expert, but it's mostly because of MLS convoluted rules, which no human brain can understand, and they change every year.  From what I remember, when we sold any player previously (Tim Howard, Jozy, Ream), we only got like percentage of the transfer and in allocation money.

Still, we get a large percentage, if not entire thing, and defendyourself explained it quite well. Point being, it is not just "funny money". The more we get in a transfer, the better it is for us (even if we do not get 100% of the transfer).

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,274 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Still, we get a large percentage, if not entire thing, and defendyourself explained it quite well. Point being, it is not just "funny money". The more we get in a transfer, the better it is for us (even if we do not get 100% of the transfer).

I think we got like 300k in Mikey mouse money for Tim Ream.  I maybe wrong tho :)

Borats

Borats

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Keeping Taxi from making a move he wants to make means we are better in 2018 (penny wise).

Keeping Taxi from making a move he wants to make sends a red flag to all potential signings that may have Europe as their ultimate goal (Mines, Kaku) that Red Bull May hold you back (pound foolish).

You are overreacting. Good deal can possibly be reached by both sides where Kemar can be happy to stay for more money or we can get enough money to get a good replacement right away. All I am saying is that you do not need to take a bad deal and get worse in 2018 in order to maintain good reputation. I would also argue that getting worse for entire year in your weakest position already is not a minor, but rather significant hit. 2019 year we likely will lose Adams. We can't afford to take a year off. Definitely not a penny.

Borats

Borats

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

I think we got like 300k in Mikey mouse money for Tim Ream.  I maybe wrong tho :)

According to defendyourself we would be getting 1.33 mil of real money in 2 mil transfer. 

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,274 posts

According to defendyourself we would be getting 1.33 mil of real money in 2 mil transfer. 

Possibly new rules?  From all I know players are not belong to teams, they are MLS property.  Maybe shit's changing for good.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

Maybe shit's changing for good.

As you said a few posts before...It's always changing  :unsure:  :wacko:

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

You are overreacting. Good deal can possibly be reached by both sides where Kemar can be happy to stay for more money or we can get enough money to get a good replacement right away. All I am saying is that you do not need to take a bad deal and get worse in 2018 in order to maintain good reputation. I would also argue that getting worse for entire year in your weakest position already is not a minor, but rather significant hit. 2019 year we likely will lose Adams. We can't afford to take a year off. Definitely not a penny.

Not an overreaction at all. Have you heard Lawrence talk about the plight of the Jamaican player? How undervalued he thinks they are? How he feels a responsibility to further their cause? This isnt about a single contract for Kemar. You may not be able to make him happy by just paying him here. Hopefully they are trying to keep him and thats why a deal hasnt been finalized yet.

I want him stay, we are very unlikely to find a replacement for him at his level. Its just dumb to keep a player here that wants out. If you cant see how holding him back would hurt your chances of signing other young players that may eventually want to go to Europe then I dont know what to say.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Possibly new rules?  From all I know players are not belong to teams, they are MLS property.  Maybe shit's changing for good.

Rules go to (Transfers and Loan Fees Section)

For normal players (non draft or DP) MLS team gets 2/3 of the transfer fee though only $650k of it is as GAM.  Though rules specifically say you can use that money "against the expenses incurred by the club in relations to the costs of an existing or new Designated Player".  

Fun fact though: For DPs team receive all amounts of the transfer until it has recouped out of pocket payments relating to signing the player.  So it's actually easier than I thought for RB to make their money back from this guy as long as he doesn't flop badly.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

Marquez? Cahill?
When it works out. Nothing is guaranteed.

Márquez was a bust... Imo
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

Muyl can play right wingback in 5 man backline, because there's less defensive responsibility. Fullback in a four man line would expose him.

%100 true..

If all these rumors are finally happen and MLS gets guys like Kaku and Ezequiel Barci and Cerruti and attackers from Peñarol and young French players etc etc... Then guys like Muyl, Lade and Sizzo definitely will not cut it as full backs, they'll get eaten alive... Imo I like Lade but the three of them have been passed by in this new MLS 4.0...they aren't even good enough to dress... They are at best practice team level... That's what I hope is the standard for the FO because that's looking like the new standard league wise and if they don't keep up this off-season then NY might be in last place next season all season
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Considering our history (1999,2009) 2019 is lining up to be one of those years, so let's go all out this year. Keep everyone and then sell them for peanuts next year.  And of course give Taxi the armband so we can continue the tradition of trading our captains.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Very good points there when you look strictly positionally. Guys like Royer and Kemar though not in these positions stepped up big for us and you can see how much difference they make - offensively as well defensively in Kemar's case. Look at Sal Zizzo. The guy played poorly on the outside spot and cost us quite a few games, including Cup final. I hear what you are saying, and certainly I would not want to lose core, but Lawrence is multi purpose guy, who is very valuable to the team. And it's not like we are getting some other player here if we lose him. We are not strengthening other core positions at his expense. If we lose him for nothing, it will hurt.

Sal Zizzo was a utility/bench outside mid whom Marsch tried to convert to a pure fullback.

So my point still stands. Outside roles are ones where you can afford to cut costs. Just dont sign a bench playing outside mid to play as your starting outside back if Taxi leaves.

Borats

Borats

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Not an overreaction at all. Have you heard Lawrence talk about the plight of the Jamaican player? How undervalued he thinks they are? How he feels a responsibility to further their cause? This isnt about a single contract for Kemar. You may not be able to make him happy by just paying him here. Hopefully they are trying to keep him and thats why a deal hasnt been finalized yet.

I want him stay, we are very unlikely to find a replacement for him at his level. Its just dumb to keep a player here that wants out. If you cant see how holding him back would hurt your chances of signing other young players that may eventually want to go to Europe then I dont know what to say.

He says he wants a prestigious French 1st division club, and that he wants to be Red Bulls captain. https://www.onceamet...-20-star-signed

Sure Turkey is Europe, but it's not as prestigious as French 1st division. If he was OK to be RB captain when we were talking 1st division France, I am pretty sure this is something to consider when France is out and Turkey is in. Bottom line: I think the guy wants to get paid. Also, don't forget when Red Bulls signed him, he was a cast off, a nobody discarded by other MLS clubs. Honestly, I don't think we ruin our reputation by not taking first offer for him from turkey but instead look at other options, such as perhaps paying him more, captain, etc...

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

He says he wants a prestigious French 1st division club, and that he wants to be Red Bulls captain. https://www.onceamet...-20-star-signed

Sure Turkey is Europe, but it's not as prestigious as French 1st division. If he was OK to be RB captain when we were talking 1st division France, I am pretty sure this is something to consider when France is out and Turkey is in. Bottom line: I think the guy wants to get paid. Also, don't forget when Red Bulls signed him, he was a cast off, a nobody discarded by other MLS clubs. Honestly, I don't think we ruin our reputation by not taking first offer for him from turkey but instead look at other options, such as perhaps paying him more, captain, etc...

He also tweeted and then deleted hed love to play in Turkey.

Theyre not selling his rights for the money. If they move him it would be at Taxis request. They should do everything they can to keep him, including giving him the C. If he still wants to go, and he might, they need to do right by him.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

He also tweeted and then deleted hed love to play in Turkey.

Theyre not selling his rights for the money. If they move him it would be at Taxis request. They should do everything they can to keep him, including giving him the C. If he still wants to go, and he might, they need to do right by him.

Personally I think its a pretty bad precedent to give a guy the armband so he doesn't leave.  I don't mind paying the guy, but that crosses the line for me.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users