https://matchcenter.... York Red Bulls

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Only one weekday home match (Wednesday, June 13 v. Seattle). 12 Saturday and 4 Sunday. I assume that will be better for attendance.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

If you had to choose one away game, Monteral in September or Toronto in July?

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Only one weekday home match (Wednesday, June 13 v. Seattle). 12 Saturday and 4 Sunday. I assume that will be better for attendance.

My God, it took the league 23 years to figure out that midweek games are a horrible idea but they finally did.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

we have a lot of Saturday games.  Nice!!

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts

If you had to choose one away game, Monteral in September or Toronto in July?

Montreal! It's been on my list of places to visit for awhile - it should still be nice weather in September. Plus it's labor day weekend so you can make a mini trip out of it.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
To me the biggest takeaway from this schedule is that, despite the rumors, MLS is sticking with the current shit two-legged playoff format with the goofy away goals rule and 0-0 games that are played weeks apart from one another.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

To me the biggest takeaway from this schedule is that, despite the rumors, MLS is sticking with the current shit two-legged playoff format with the goofy away goals rule and 0-0 games that are played weeks apart from one another.

MLS should look at what the LigaMX does for their playoffs. They don't have Away Goals rules in their two-legged format. The highest seeded team wins the tie-breaker (in case of global goals scored in the series) by being the highest seeded team. Highest seeded teams still play the second leg. This would give teams in the MLS more incentive to finish with as many points possible during the regular season.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We play Scum and Hartford 3 times... twice on the road. We play no other team 3 times.

Lame.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts

We play Scum and Hartford 3 times... twice on the road. We play no other team 3 times.

Lame.

and one of the games vs Hartford is a Wednesday night game.....ugh. We had like 2 Wed games the whole year, and one of them has to be a game vs the smurfs.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Well I'm missing a few games right off the bat. So stupid they have a home game on March 24th the same time as the Devils. I wish they would coordinate better on not having home games at the same time cause there are a decent amount of people who go to both. I always have to miss a few games a year because of it.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Lame.

We had two home games against both last year so it was always going to flip the other way this year. It's unfortunate that they aren't staggered so that we always have 3 home 3 away in the rivalry games.

Eventually those extra games will go away entirely (the Western Conference only has 1 extra this year with the addition of LAFC). Once there are 24 teams it will just be one home and away against the 11 conference opponents and one single game against the 12 from the West.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,241 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Well I'm missing a few games right off the bat. So stupid they have a home game on March 24th the same night the Devils are retiring Elias's number. I wish they would coordinate better on not having home games at the same time cause there are a decent amount of people who go to both. I always have to miss a few games a year because of it.

really???   You think that's really statistically significant?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,241 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

and one of the games vs Hartford is a Wednesday night game.....ugh. We had like 2 Wed games the whole year, and one of them has to be a game vs the smurfs.

at least it's an away game, so we don't get embarassed with an empty stadium against them.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,970 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

really???   You think that's really statistically significant?

Looked at my calendar wrong, Elias night is February 24th but the Devils still play March 24th...... And there are always a decent amount of people I see at both games when they play when the times are different. I went to the devils home opener at 2pm and ran over to RBA for the Vancouver game right after this year and there were a bunch of people doing the same thing so I do think it's stupid they play at the same times when there is a crossover between the two fan bases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users