168 replies to this topic

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Or maybe he was just frustrated to lose. Not everything has to be a body language reading exercise. 

I am not talking about his body language.  I am talking about his post match comments about the team being unable to deal with giving up the first goal.  

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I am not talking about his body language.  I am talking about his post match comments about the team being unable to deal with giving up the first goal.  

This still means nothing. If Long planned on signing a five-year contract tomorrow do you think his comments about giving up a 1-0 lead in the dying seconds of the first half and then completely falling apart would have been rosy?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

thinking more about Schnieders comment about bringing in veteran leadership and cited Pavel Pardo - isn't that like........

Aaron Long? 

even if they drop a huge $$$ I don't think Long is staying.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

thinking more about Schnieders comment about bringing in veteran leadership and cited Pavel Pardo - isn't that like........

Aaron Long? 

even if they drop a huge $$$ I don't think Long is staying.

If they wanted him, they should have already extended him I think. At this point, there's no way Long signs back on - he's going to have comparable money elsewhere and will not have the Dax, Robles, BWP, Davis, "deadman walking" RBNY vibe. 

Tangentially, I would not be surprised if one of Schneider's immediate issues with the order of RBNY's house is that Hamlet and co are going to let a USMNT captain, who was fully developed at RBNY, walk without getting any transfer fee. I love long, but the time to sell him was the summer. Could have gotten a few million and reinvested. The only reason not to sell would be if the team was putting together players to make run in 2022 - clearly that wasnt the plan.     

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
There isnt any succession planning at RBNY, there was no option to sell Long with Monzon and Edwards departing this summer, and Reyes still working back from injury.

As it is, there are only 3 natural CBs on the roster. Without Long you are starting the Nealis brothers in a back 4 with Reyes mixing in from time to time as they manage his minutes. Thats a nightmare scenario.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

https://www.mlssocce...-or-free-agency

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Sounds like he's going to listen to what is out there and he'd be an idiot not to. No doubt he'll get interest from Europe, but it's one thing to get it from some schmuck Championship versus a team that offers a truly appealing agenda. I can still see him deciding to stay.

If this ends with him at Everton, a Championship team pushing for promotion, or like a Europa League team in Belgium/Netherlands you can't fault anyone involved. We'll have gotten 150 appearances out of him until he turned 30. That's a hell of a stint. I'll have my pitchfork out for management if this ends with him at like Atlanta United. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

If he goes to Europe that is one hell of a player development success story for the club to crow about. 

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

If he goes to Europe that is one hell of a player development success story for the club to crow about. 

Yeah - and rightfully so. Just odd they didn't get a club that Long was happy with to extract a transfer fee. Developing players is awesome, but there usually will need to be an economic windfall at the end. 

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Edwards already gone.  Long gone in the summer.  Duncan returns after loan.  The team is going to be left with only 4 defenders. Reyes, D. Nealis, S. Nealis and Tolkin.  Going to need a lot of acquisitions to hit just to stay stagnant with the defense this off season.  If Tolkin leaves based on the interest that has been reported, it is going to be a real battle.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Edwards already gone.  Long gone in the summer.  Duncan returns after loan.  The team is going to be left with only 4 defenders. Reyes, D. Nealis, S. Nealis and Tolkin.  Going to need a lot of acquisitions to hit just to stay stagnant with the defense this off season.  If Tolkin leaves based on the interest that has been reported, it is going to be a real battle.

Reyes, Good Nealis, and Tolkin are a strong foundation, tbh. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Reyes, Good Nealis, and Tolkin are a strong foundation, tbh. 

Reports suggest we cant count on Tolkin to be here long enough to be part of a foundation.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Reports suggest we cant count on Tolkin to be here long enough to be part of a foundation.

Regretfully so. Tolkin is too young and too good to stay here for much longer. Enjoy seeing him for the rest of the season, this may be all we get of him in Metro.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

He's re-upping with the team? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Tolkin for captain?!?
I think he moves next summer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users