hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

What do you mean by outside of the area? Outside of teh 5 Burroughs are you talking about Westchester, LI & Bergen? I'm not aware of anything past that.

Roughly NJ & NY. Just follow some of the MLS reporters/bloggers on twitter. Their utter disdain for this club is so apparent. Some of the them actually live in the area. You know who they are. Some of the MLS media guys. Go talk to them during their weekly chats and bring up NYRB. I have.

MetroSquard

MetroSquard

ain't nuttin to fcuk wit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, USA

Instead of patting yourselves on the back for not having anyone like you, why not ingratiate yourself to a wider audiance so you can actually fill your section for once.

I swear this fanbase has morphed into one giant walking persacution complex.

Read the last line of the first verse

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Kind of happens when people aren't allowed to get excited for things without being insulted by people like you. It's bad enough we get it from other fans, but one can't even be an optimistic about other fans' hatred without jerks shitting all over it. [I was gonna say assholes shitting all over it, but that's just crude]

If you want to pretend like other fans HATE us just to make yourself feel better, then go right ahead. It just makes you look about as self-important as those Philly fans that are always trying to manufacture some sort of contraversy.

Whhhaaaaaa everyone hates us...we don't care though. :rolleyes: Lets form a rally cry around a false perception!! Sorry for shitting on all your excitment about playing the victim over some made up notion that everyone hates the NYRB.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

some made up notion that everyone hates the NYRB.

well NYRB bashing is fairly easy to find.. MLS stuff on Facebook, comments and chats on most websites are full of posts of people taking pot-shots at us. Why, we haven't won anything, what'd we do to them? Why don't you see people talking shit the same way about other teams?

We're the Brian Nielsen of MLS franchises.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

well NYRB bashing is fairly easy to find.. MLS stuff on Facebook, comments and chats on most websites are full of posts of people taking pot-shots at us. Why, we haven't won anything, what'd we do to them? Why don't you see people talking shit the same way about other teams?

It's pointless to argue with Captain Contrarian. He thinks we are delusional and blind and we think he is delusional and blind. It's best to just acknowledge the difference in opinions and move on.

MetroTard

MetroTard

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Supports:Eric D

It's best to just acknowledge the difference in opinions and move on.

No it's not.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
The main problem we have on this board is that we have fans who care and love this team and other "fans" who just want to troll the real fans. Yes, we have had a lot of problems over the years and little to show for it, but, for God's sake, don't push our head down in it when we fall in the manure.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
It's fun to be hated...makes it more satisfying to win knowing how many people will be pissed off.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

Dude U serious? Everyone hates Seattle, LA and to some extent Toronto.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
Posted Image

FWIW its a Millwall thing that started in the 70's. So we would just be ripping off someone else. How many threads were there about KC ripping off I Believe?

Stones in glass houses and all that...

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Dude U serious? Everyone hates Seattle, LA and to some extent Toronto.

Seattle and LA are winning teams! Sure there's the Seattle fan cockiness thing, but its not the same. It's not the same kind of hate.

And Toronto.. I dunno about that one.

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem

Posted Image

FWIW its a Millwall thing that started in the 70's. So we would just be ripping off someone else. How many threads were there about KC ripping off I Believe?

Stones in glass houses and all that...

Oh please.

Everything in football is ripped off from somewhere. Even and to a degree especially us. It gets increasingly more difficult to be original in a sport as widely watched as this, cross fertilization of ideas is just going to spread more not less.
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT
Fuck it. You people sound like congress. Blathering about stupid shit to no end. Do people hate us? Idk. I hate most other MLS teams. What's the problem?
"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

hoboken16

hoboken16

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Pompey

I think all three supporters groups have been doing the first verse of that song for a few years. We all know we are hated league wide... and we embrace it!

I do like that second verse... nice touch!

At least since to 2007 U-20's

USreject1186

USreject1186

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Supports:The Metro,US Natl,Ger,Hungary

When the Red Bulls finally win a Cup, I am going to troll the shit out of everybody on MLSsoccer.com and Big Soccer. Just for the fun of it.

Whenever we win the cup, I think I'm going to go around and stick my middle finger at everyone. And I mean EVERYONE!
"With women, it's always one of two things. Either they won't sleep with you, and then there's really no need to ever call them again. Or they DO sleep with you... and then there's really no need to ever call them again." -Monty(Waiting)

As a wise man once said (theredmenace) "Drunk mouths speak sober minds. And apparently, drunk hands grope slightly less drunk asses."

Mike Petke on Julian de Guzman's tackle on Angel: "I just thought it was a combination of them being frustrated and an average player putting a horrible tackle on a good player. Uncalled for."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users