413 replies to this topic

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Yeah, Alan Sonora is from New Jersey, is 24, available for not a ton of money (you're not paying a Kaku-esque fee to get him), plays attacking midfielder, and wouldn't take up an INTL spot.  This makes a lot of sense for us to take a 2 year flyer on the guy and see what happens; which means it won't happen, but man...this seems like not an unreasonable ask here. If we're going to be a team that looks for value acquisitions and doesn't want to pay huge transfer fees, etc., this seems like the kind of move that aligns there. 

If someone in Europe is going to pay him a lot of money, fine, but it doesn't really seem like it. If we can get him at a reasonable fee...seems like it's worth a shot. He's a decent free-kick taker, for a team who has struggled with this outside of the odd Caceres shot now and again.  https://www.youtube....?v=LoOZiNExNkM?

Now, Sonora is linked with San Lorenzo in Argentina.

https://sbisoccer.co...-of-san-lorenzo

He's in the USA for national team camp, send Schneider out to California with a suitcase full of cash and get the deal done!

Edit:  his contract expired, so there's no transfer fee.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

It might not be a bad idea to bring Alexander Callens to this side of the Hudson.  He could do just as much a Long.  He has a wealth of experience.  I would dare to say that if RedBull were to sign Callens, that it would be an upgrade in that position.

Callens, who is out of contract, is now linked with Girona in La Liga (coincidently or not, a CFG club just like NYCFC).  Apparently, MLS salary rules prohibited any MLS team other than NYCFC from paying Callens what he wants.

Also, ex-NYCFC striker Castellanos is now linked with a possible move to Brighton in the EPL.  

https://www.msn.com/...3245bdb319d2e36

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Brighton seems to like to collect South Americans within their ranks. Must be nice to have competent scouts in this side of the hemisphere.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Diego lainez brother said he has offers from mls.

At 22 years old... he would be an interesting pick up.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
Puig recently complained that he does not like LA since it is not a walkable city.

If there is any shot to get him here. I would do it.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Puig recently complained that he does not like LA since it is not a walkable city.

If there is any shot to get him here. I would do it.

That looked like a game of telephone between bad journalists. Someone who interviewed Ruig suggested he might be bored in LA, some other outlet somehow ran and turned it into a story about walkable cities. Puig even made a joke video on LAG's social media making fun of the whole thing.

I wish though, what a player

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

That looked like a game of telephone between bad journalists. Someone who interviewed Ruig suggested he might be bored in LA, some other outlet somehow ran and turned it into a story about walkable cities. Puig even made a joke video on LAG's social media making fun of the whole thing.

I wish though, what a player

Ah, didnt see that. He might be the best player in MLS.

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts
Was looking at current Free agent CB and I saw 3 players that could be interesting:

1. Michael hector- 30 yr old Jamaican with experience in England.

2.kaique rocha- 21 yr old former Brazilian U17 international. Was just let go by sampdoria.

3. Eddie segura- 24 yr old thats a FA from LA fc

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Diego lainez brother said he has offers from mls.

At 22 years old... he would be an interesting pick up.

I like this idea a lot.... I would still like if CB Yerson Mosquera can come to MLS.. He's been put on the market by Wolves and he reminds me of Aaron Long playing style wise...

A CAM is still needed Dani Ruiz from Millonarios would be a good pick up..

And as far as striker Ricardo Márquez would be a good idea.. Just saying
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Right now the U20 world cup qualifiers are taking place...

I think it's worth watching as a fan of the sport...

And price wise MLS can afford players playing in the tournament not starting for Brazil and Argentina at forward a attacking mid...

Two guys worth watching and would love if Metro could land are Luciano Rodríguez Rosales from Uruguay's u20 highlights below
https://youtu.be/Dku7ki9SbWo

The other, Allan Steven Wlk Duré from Paraguay
https://youtu.be/4n-NbibKeE4

Both are 19 and Allan Wlk's look light-years ahead of Klimala at finishing.. I'm actually amazed that Wlk isn't a household name but then again he isnt Brazilian or Argentine or from England or Spain and there's a big media bias for those type of footballers

He's a hat trick he recently had
https://youtu.be/dtbGnjd2SZU
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Was looking at current Free agent CB and I saw 3 players that could be interesting:

1. Michael hector- 30 yr old Jamaican with experience in England.

2.kaique rocha- 21 yr old former Brazilian U17 international. Was just let go by sampdoria.

3. Eddie segura- 24 yr old thats a FA from LA fc

Ha, I was just looking at Michael Hector too. What is the story there? Is he recovering from injury? I am surprised he's been out of contract for so long.

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Just google him and apparently he's training with Sheffield Wednesday and teams from the championship are negotiating. 

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Alan Sonora has used these two US friendlies as auditions to MLS..why not give him a shot?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

For us to grab Sonora, we'd have to make a decision on at least one of Casseres/Yearwood/Amaya. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA

For us to grab Sonora, we'd have to make a decision on at least one of Casseres/Yearwood/Amaya. 

Yeah CM is already packed, is Sonora really a big improvement over this crew? I haven't seen him play in Argentina and I only watched the Colombia game, he wasn't overly impressive to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users