JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

attendance was down 7% for the team.

New fake numbers are 7% less than old fake numbers.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

a decent amount of people didn't renew though. I'm really curious about those numbers.

RB will never reveal the real numbers.
We need a disgruntled insider to leak them.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Based on Red Bull's current model and the success of that model at Leipzig and Salzburg and up until this year here, I would imagine that if they had it to do over again they would have never brought in Henry, Cahill or Marquez and tried to start playing Energy Drink soccer with cheap players from the start.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Do we have any solid numbers around how much money they've put into infrastructure as opposed to wages the last few years? Curious to see if all the money poured into the academy ranks, USL team, training facility, etc comes close to the ~$10M per year they were dropping on Designated Players.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
We don't have attendance numbers but you want their finances, good luck. Only number I care about is 0 you know what..

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

If RB had to do it over again, I wish they would have fucked off and went and bought the fucking Earthquakes or the Revs..

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

If Red Bull didn't buy the team....for all we know, we'd still be playing at  a 10% full Giants Stadium/Metlife, Still have 0 cups, 0 Shields, not have an academy team, and not make the playoffs most years. Just saying...the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Anyway...they do own the team. And have for the past 15 years. And are not selling it anytime soon. So this is all nostalgia...

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase

If RB had to do it over again, I wish they would have fucked off and went and bought the fucking Earthquakes or the Revs..

I've thought about this for years, and I actually think buying in Miami would have made more sense for their brand. Had they gotten into soccer around the time the Fusion folded, Red Bull Miami might be lifting their fourth MLS Cup this fall. 

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I've thought about this for years, and I actually think buying in Miami would have made more sense for their brand. Had they gotten into soccer around the time the Fusion folded, Red Bull Miami might be lifting their fourth MLS Cup this fall. 

Considering their other teams are in Liepzig and Salzburg, I am not sure Miami is too on brand. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Considering their other teams are in Liepzig and Salzburg, I am not sure Miami is too on brand. 

Fort Lauderdale, then.

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase

I guess when I think of a place where I was going to drink a gallon of Red Bull & vodka and go crazy, my mind thinks of South Beach first, not necessarily North Jersey. 

Worth noting that they only ended up in Leipzig after trying and failing to buy a number of clubs, including (hysterically) St. Pauli, Fortuna Düsseldorf, and 1860 Munich. And—credit where credit it's due—unlike what they did here and in Salzburg, Red Bull re-formed the lower division club they bought out—SSV Markranstädt—one division below them. And they still exist to this day. This made the NYCFC tifo with the tombstones of all the clubs Red Bull kills doubly dumb: A) they thought they bought and re-branded Lokomotive Leipzig, which—as a bunch of Nazi motherfuckers, they ought to know is still very much active, and B): Markranstädt never actually died! 

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users