S.Bones

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

Hahaha

I thought the same thing. The 3 white guys in the back must be a Czech, a Serb and a Pole. "All you dirty foreigners in the back!"

And they also have a lot of coaches, most of whom are gone now, I'd guess.

Buddle's story was another instance in which when a new coach comes is, especially in Germany, his first move seems to be "Bench/Cut the American!".

I find this curious. You'd think a new coach would want to send a "we'll do whatever it takes to win" signal, and giving more time to a perceived outsider would be a great way to do that. But instead, German teams seem to take a "circling the wagons" (or whatever that would be in German idiom). I wonder if German teams are inclined to believe they fail because they've allowed themselves to become insufficiently German.

#302 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

And they also have a lot of coaches, most of whom are gone now, I'd guess.

Buddle's story was another instance in which when a new coach comes is, especially in Germany, his first move seems to be "Bench/Cut the American!".

I find this curious. You'd think a new coach would want to send a "we'll do whatever it takes to win" signal, and giving more time to a perceived outsider would be a great way to do that. But instead, German teams seem to take a "circling the wagons" (or whatever that would be in German idiom). I wonder if German teams are inclined to believe they fail because they've allowed themselves to become insufficiently German.

Love the high brow German jokes. Awesome... I am not a big watcher of German soccer, but I have noticed that if the players are unwilling to submit to the manager, it is the manager that goes a packing (Klinsmann is one example). I think the mangers see roster moves as a way to immediately stamp authority on the situation. It happens everywhere to a degree, but perhaps it happens more explicitly in that culture.

After all Junior was paid more than LD to play for the National Team.
:pint:

#303 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

LOL. Told ya.

#304 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

LOL. Told ya.

Only person I've ever known who revels in his teams failures as long as he's right.
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#305 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

Only person I've ever known who revels in his teams failures as long as he's right.

You must not hang out on a lot of NFLball boards.

Anyway, what the hell did Ingolstadt do to the guy?

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#306 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

Never
And they benched a man on a hot streak and gave him a Shit ton of a money. (Party time)
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#307 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

Never
And they benched a man on a hot streak and gave him a Shit ton of a money. (Party time)

is EBud drinking again? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users