• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

So one thing that is not clear to me is who does marsch report to? Is hamlet his new boss or does matsch report to austria?

Org charts can be revealing.

Its no network passing diagram but....

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

he was at the adidas event last nite. 

Does anyone know what he actually does anymore?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Sell soda.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

If my memory serves me right hes more involved in the selling of Red Bulls the product side then the soccer side.

LONG LIVE METRO

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

He's the one responsible for all those sold out game days we have week in, week out.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Marsch was on Extratime Radio today.  He didn't really say anything new or interesting about any of the offseason changes or about potential acquisitions (except one is coming soon and maybe one more later).

On Veron, he said he thought Gonzalo could play any of the four attacking positions in either the 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1.  And I thought he intimated that Veron's lack of playing time came down to his lack of effort or commitment.  I'm reading between the lines there.

One thing he said that bothered me, was that they're not going to look big picture this season and just take everything one game at a time.  He said he felt he put too much pressure on the squad with his MLS Cup talk last year.  It's fine if he gets the players to focus on only the game at hand, but I think one of the things that hurt us in the 2016 playoffs was the HE didn't look at the big picture enough and was only focused on the game they were playing - not resting guys, not incorporating enough guys, etc.

I also heard this interview and just saw this thread. I have to say I completely disagree with Marsch on Veron. Veron is a striker and should only be deployed up top. I think he's not that effective on the wing. 

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

Was surprised to hear Jesse portraying the 4-2-2-2 as a more DEFENSIVE formation.  He compared to our normal formation as having 2 forwards instead of 3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users