1200 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The DP slot shouldnt be used for just a big name. lets be smart and use it effectively. Dunn would be a good addition here. I'm not discounting riquelme's talent but he would only be here for a paycheck and fame. At least if we use someone in the Dunn range* we can rule that out.

He got an assist today, just sayin.

Smitty, great comment about the can jersey, I didnt even consider that. :lol:

*talented but never famous.

+1

He's no TH14, and I am still willfully delusional thinking we will get On Ree, but I am curious about what type of salary a Dunn would require. Could we realistically get him for max non-DP money?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ilikebeet

ilikebeet

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
  • Supports:NYC Bars

+1

He's no TH14, and I am still willfully delusional thinking we will get On Ree, but I am curious about what type of salary a Dunn would require. Could we realistically get him for max non-DP money?

I doubt it but I feel like we need a player like that whod be better at bridging the talent gap from players makin 40k a year to those making a mill. Theres no need for a DP that can pass a ball 40 yards with the outside of his left foot if you have some slow player with the first touch of a rapist on the end of it.
I shall write my life as if it was a love story. For who is to say it is not? It began with a love of football, and it will end the same.
-Puskas

Stop slobbing Euro nob.
-Matrim55

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT
http://www.mls-rumor...olorado-rapids/

if henry doesnt come through
"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

ilikebeet

ilikebeet

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
After that, I dont want him.
I shall write my life as if it was a love story. For who is to say it is not? It began with a love of football, and it will end the same.
-Puskas

Stop slobbing Euro nob.
-Matrim55

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

http://www.mls-rumor...olorado-rapids/

if henry doesnt come through

we have nothing to give them, casey would score 3 goals with our midfield

5 year plan

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
  • Supports:Metros
According to Goff, Schelotto is on the trading block.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

According to Goff, Schelotto is on the trading block.

if the new CBA allows for free agency within MLS i'd say sign the dude to Max non-dp money (400 thousandish?) for a year with a club option for the next. He's old as shit but no one is building a dynasty in MLS.

if the CBA stays the same columbus would probalby hold him hostage and demad the world for him in return even though they have no plans to sign him...in that case fuck it

5 year plan

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT

if the new CBA allows for free agency within MLS i'd say sign the dude to Max non-dp money (400 thousandish?) for a year with a club option for the next. He's old as shit but no one is building a dynasty in MLS.

if the CBA stays the same columbus would probalby hold him hostage and demad the world for him in return even though they have no plans to sign him...in that case fuck it

Well, we do have two 1st round draft picks that we can use in some fashion for Schelotto (do we get a "you suck" allocation as well). If the draft is as weak as folks on these boards have been saying, let's use those (after all, we signing academy players) to get GBS. $400K plus incentives sounds right.

What I like about this is we would have a veteran presence in each part of the field to mentor our young players (Angel & Woly, GBS & Petke).

Hmmm, if we only had a Sporting Director to move on this...

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

oscillate

oscillate

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, CFC, USMNT
Schelotto falling out with Columbus

Discuss.

Chic Charnley

Chic Charnley

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  • Interests:football, soccer, futball....etc
  • Supports:NYRB & PTFC
Clearly GBS >>>> amado guevara (another name being shopped). However, with cowbus holding his rights, I wouldn't hold my breath.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Schelotto falling out with Columbus

Discuss.

I never want to hear anyone complain about RB being cheap again. How the hell does a team keep a player's rights, after their contract is up? I know he's old, but still.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

whoshotsam

whoshotsam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Chelsea
How about trying to get Celso Borges, the Costa Rican MF, from Fredrikstad in Norway? Fredrikstad have been relegated and are in a shitload of financial trouble. Borges is only 21, has bags of talent and was one of the few players to do well for Fredrikstad this season, from what I understand. Good passer, creative, young and we have one of his NT teammates already, which could make the transition easier.

Or is he on some other club's stupid-ass "discovery" list?
"Defeatism is punishable by death." - You Suck Corrales

Diablo

Diablo

First Team

• PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos and MetroStars
Coupet - GK

Viera - DM

Henry - FC
COSMOS1971-84-2013

ilikebeet

ilikebeet

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Dunn had another great game this weekend and he scored a goal. I would definitely pay DP money for him.

some highlights. his goal is at 1:48 in first half highlights, but every blackburn attack goes through him.

http://www.eplmatche...n-highlights-2/
-Puskas

Stop slobbing Euro nob.
-Matrim55

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.
Federico "el pocho" Insua from BocaJuniors. He hasn't been playing all that well with Boca since his return from injury in Mexico. He scored twice in Bocas last game vs Gimnasia La Plata.

I was really happy when he signed for America, but after an injury they loaned him to Necaxa, who that season went to the 2nd division, and el pocho went back to Argieland. Im not quite sure how he and JPA would work together though.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users