Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

New article on the official website:
http://www.newyorkre...es-pro-contract

anyone else questioning why Hans and Erik both said they wanted to add defensive depth this off-season *PAUSE AS EVERYONE CRINGES AT THE PHRASE "DEFENSIVE DEPTH"* but yet it took serious interest from Europe + trials in Germany for us to finally offer him a contract?

hes been a standout in our academy and beginning to make an impact with U20's. seems odd :unsure:

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

and bring more exclamation points!!! we're running low!!!!!!

yeahhh!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

anyone else questioning why Hans and Erik both said they wanted to add defensive depth this off-season *PAUSE AS EVERYONE CRINGES AT THE PHRASE "DEFENSIVE DEPTH"* but yet it took serious interest from Europe + trials in Germany for us to finally offer him a contract?

hes been a standout in our academy and beginning to make an impact with U20's. seems odd :unsure:

it intrigues me.

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

it intrigues me.

theyre playing hard-to-get with Matt Kassel apparently as well. i mean not only that, the same situation happened with Agudelo too. granted Soler and Backe just came into power when Agudelo started training with, and then was offered a contract by Millonarios, but same thing

money is not a boundary with Uncle Red Bull, so wouldn't signing 3 players from our academy, who will not take up roster spots or count against the salary cap be a no-brainer? i know Hans Soler values "experience over youth" but i find their whole mentality around HG players (that could fight for a starting spot) just simply weird

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

theyre playing hard-to-get with Matt Kassel apparently as well. i mean not only that, the same situation happened with Agudelo too. granted Soler and Backe just came into power when Agudelo started training with, and then was offered a contract by Millonarios, but same thing

money is not a boundary with Uncle Red Bull, so wouldn't signing 3 players from our academy, who will not take up roster spots or count against the salary cap be a no-brainer? i know Hans Soler values "experience over youth" but i find their whole mentality around HG players (that could fight for a starting spot) just simply weird

they are probably waiting to see what shakes out internationally before signing the home guys

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

i know Hans Soler values "experience over youth"

Hans might, but he's spoken a number of times for his fondness of developing young players.
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Foz

Foz

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Supports:RBNY & USMNT
Kristian Dyer's tweet:

#RBNY: Update on Sacir Hot: RBNY has offered, see link: #MLS mlssoccer.com/news/article/n…

The link leads to the same article that's on the RBNY official site, but Dyer's tweet makes it seem like he knows something we don't...

Thierry Henry, on secret to team's success: “Win games. And score more goals than the opponent.”

------------------------------

єяι¢ αℓєχαη∂єя = g.σ.α.т.

------------------------------

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

they are probably waiting to see what shakes out internationally before signing the home guys

Agudelo, Kassel, Hot won't count against the salary cap or take up roster spots. why aren't 2 of the 3 signed yet again?

Hans might, but he's spoken a number of times for his fondness of developing young players.

which is all the more puzzling lol. Hot has been on our radar since last summer, 19yo, great season at BC, awesome for the U20's, a defender above all (DEFENSIVE DEPTH!!!), could be a starter in MLS right now (maybe not for us but for another team), and going on trial with Bundesliga teams with a serious intention of getting a contract....

but nahh, Lassiter and Cortes had good decent combines, we'll go with them isntead......????

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

whoshotsam

whoshotsam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Chelsea
Before people start freaking out, remember that Agudelo trained with Millonarios before he agreed to a HG contract with us. There may be a little bit of gamesmanship going on here.
"Defeatism is punishable by death." - You Suck Corrales

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Before people start freaking out, remember that Agudelo trained with Millonarios before he agreed to a HG contract with us. There may be a little bit of gamesmanship going on here.

ya think?

The article had "keeping my options open" all over it. We retain his MLS rights for awhile, I agree it sounds like Agudelo 2.0. No need to hit the panic button.

KDyer1012

KDyer1012

Well, he's no Michael Lewis...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Supports:One of those bogus Euro or S.A. teams

Kristian Dyer's tweet:

The link leads to the same article that's on the RBNY official site, but Dyer's tweet makes it seem like he knows something we don't...

Considering I wrote the article that I linked too, yeah...

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

No need to hit the panic button.

Just saying, if we don't sign him bc we waited to late, im not gonna be very happy...

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Just saying, if we don't sign him bc we waited to late, im not gonna be very happy...

Players in academies have choices, they aren't slaves. They have the right to take the path they want. Wanting to go straight to Europe doesn't automatically mean we are doing something wrong. The more our academy players find success here and abroad the more credibility our academies will have the easier it will be to stock the academy rosters with even more good prospects in the future.

We will never keep all of them in our senior team, but we will keep enough.

Three CB's played the entire season for us in 2010. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you want some playing time, maybe you need to look elsewhere. The downside of our expanded roster is that we could end up with too many frisky young players who get frustrated with lack of playing time. Players like Hot may be too hot to hold every time.

Still, as the organization gets stronger and better we should increasingly keep these players long enough to get our payback.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

Considering I wrote the article that I linked too, yeah...

am i missing something or has your twitter account changed? i have you in my bookmarks, but now the page no longer exists.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

KDyer1012

KDyer1012

Well, he's no Michael Lewis...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Supports:One of those bogus Euro or S.A. teams

am i missing something or has your twitter account changed? i have you in my bookmarks, but now the page no longer exists.

twitter.com/kristianrdyer

New name, apparently, same lame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users