What happened to the food vendors in front of RBA?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

alberchico

alberchico

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:soccer, aviation
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, Real Madrid
Have they stayed away the first 2 games because of the weather or have they been evicted ? I honestly cannot buy the concessions inside the arena at those ridiculous prices...

Calcio20

Calcio20

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT
EL PASTOR ------ -----10 MIN WALK.

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order Hockey,Beer,Metro,Women
  • Supports:Metro/RB USMNT NY RANGERS BAYERN
so many better options in newark and harrison

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

EL PASTOR ------ -----10 MIN WALK.

EL PASTOR ------- ------9 MIN WALK .

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Fuck yes. !!!!!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Have they stayed away the first 2 games because of the weather or have they been evicted ? I honestly cannot buy the concessions inside the arena at those ridiculous prices...

I see no ads inside for the taco truck, so I am guessing that relationship went away.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem
They needed more room for the bouncy castle.
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

MetroTard

MetroTard

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Supports:Eric D
You should consider those first two years as a gift. Now pay more.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Heard Taco Truck will be driving down Frank Rodgers and Market St on some gamedays. I think some of the Viking guys know more as they have a relationship with Taco Truck.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Footie17

Footie17

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Portugal, Donuts
Taco Truck had responded to someone's tweet on the day of the home opener basically saying they wouldn't be back at RBA this season. Why? Not sure, but I imagine it all has to do with senor Heck.

I'm surprised the Portuguese/Brazilian grill outside the stadium isn't back. That thing always made a killing and was well worth the $8-$10 on a sandwich/rodizo platter.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
Posted Image

"When I heard that fans liked the Taco Truck and food cars I knew the only thing I should do was to end it as well as any positive local business relationships it brought. I know this because I am from the NBA"
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

We may not have the best team in the MLS, but we sure have the best pregame food/beverage options in the USA!!!!

I lived in South Florida many years ago, and the Orange Bowl hosted many soccer matches (many smaller CONCACAF nations would play there as their stadiums would not meet FIFA standards) and the best part was parking in the local neighborhood and buying food from the local families who were cooking/grilling in their front yards....Cuban, Jamacian, Haitian food.......only place in the USA I could get grilled goat, plantain, and ice cold Polar pregame!!

Island Cool 12

Island Cool 12

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Reading FC
I'm looking foward to going to one of the local restaurants in Harrison thee next time I go to a match. Not too many good places in my neighborhood.

jroke

jroke

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:anyone BUT redbull
how killing relationships with local businesses can be a positive, is beyong me... and the circus continues....

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Posted Image

"When I heard that fans liked the Taco Truck and food cars I knew the only thing I should do was to end it as well as any positive local business relationships it brought. I know this because I am from the NBA"

Is it me, or he seriously trying to be the most HATED sports executive in the NYC area? The food trucks in front of the arena were just brilliant. I want to give him a free pass or two for the things he's done, but for the moment, I just can't. And the sad part is, I currently don't have a reason to. Am I the only STH who feels this way?

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users