#271 American Beer

American Beer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Supports:Whiskey & Pancakes

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

My BLU-RAY kit of season one arrives tomorrow... but I apologize for being obtuse.

Calexico, what's your story with this again?

tm

Also, if you click the link and read what he posted above, many and more facts about Calexico will reveal themselves to you.

Edit: this one...

Seemed only fair that I post this here.

http://www.westeros....h_Adam_Vadnais/

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

Torrance Pickup Soccer @ Greenwood Park, 9:00am Saturday! Details here: https://www.facebook...yourLARiotSquad

#272 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

So the Blu-ray comes out today. Please go buy it (or the DVD) so that I can send my kids to college!

Got my blu-ray today... along with a new tv for the bedroom....

and a slingbox and blu-ray dvd player for bedroom...

my gf is going to be mad...

but i can't wait to see the extra features...

winter is coming

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#273 Legion Norge

Legion Norge

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy-USA

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Character profile on Robb Stark

At 0:48 you see your first glimpse of Roose Bolton (first guy walking in front of Robb)......for some reason i always pictured him looking like Prof. Snape

And a new trailer "Price of our Sins"

#274 Legion Norge

Legion Norge

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

New video to whet your appetite showcasing a couple of the new chracters for season 2

#275 American Beer

American Beer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

SEVEN DAYS LEFT TO WAIT!
Posted Image
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

Torrance Pickup Soccer @ Greenwood Park, 9:00am Saturday! Details here: https://www.facebook...yourLARiotSquad

#276 Matt The Samoan

Matt The Samoan

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Liverpool

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

I've been meaning to come on here and thank you guys for starting this thread, and thus leading me to reading these books. BUT, I am now a little over halfway through A Storm of Swords, and I will give you no thanks...in fact, George R.R. Martin is an ass. Granted I saw it coming, but still.

#277 American Beer

American Beer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

SIX DAYS!

Posted Image
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------

#278 S.Bones

S.Bones

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

Really? When was the last time you read "Fellowship of the Ring"? I could literally skip pages at a time, knowing that he'd just be describing their cloaks getting hooked on branches.

I love Tolkien, but thank you for this, very much.

(I've commented here because I fell asleep watching TV a few weeks ago, and when I woke up, some woman was walking into flames and then, I guess the next day, but I'm not sure, because I might have fallen asleep again, a (the same?) woman was getting up out of the ashes, dirty, nekked, and with what looked like a little dragon growing out of her. And then these guys wearing skins bowed down to her. And then realized, 'Oh, this is Game of Thrones")

#279 American Beer

American Beer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

5 DAYS!

Posted Image
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------

#280 CALEXICO

CALEXICO

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Interests:Soccer. Fencing. Music. Film. Communication Theory.
  • Supports:LOS ANGELES GALAXY

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

You bitches ready?

#281 American Beer

American Beer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Posted Image
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------

#282 Legion Norge

Legion Norge

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

1st episode was great, can't wait till' next week.

#283 American Beer

American Beer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Bitch Cersei in full effect!
Ser Dontos Hollard...SMH

Dragonstone!
Davos Seaworth. Fuck yeah!
Poor Maester Cressen. Didn't know who he was fuckin' wit..

Craster's Keep...

Very satisfying episode. I was genuinely surprised to see the episode end. It went by in a flash!

Fuck Daenerys. YAWWWN
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------

#284 American Beer

American Beer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

Am I the only one who did not like the 2nd episode? I like Arya and Gendry, and appreciated being introduced to Pyke, but the rest was weak and deviated from the books in ways I did not enjoy.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------

#285 Matt The Samoan

Matt The Samoan

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Liverpool

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Am I the only one who did not like the 2nd episode? I like Arya and Gendry, and appreciated being introduced to Pyke, but the rest was weak and deviated from the books in ways I did not enjoy.

I'm with you on this too. I understand having to adapt for television purposes, but some things were just unnecessary. I do find it funny to see people who have not read the book telling off the book-readers for complaining on internet threads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users