45 replies to this topic

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,289 posts
  • Supports:New York

The lovable thing about Charlie Stillitano is that he would've drafted - and maybe even signed - this guy with a straight face.

Well, yes, but, in all fairness, that guy literally is the NEXT Lionel Messi, so....

Yeah, the two garbage cans of tall boy was all Bob Vasquez via Washo. That guy Bob & his wife were hardcore Metro fans and I did hear from Paul (Stadium Ops) at one point how much of the love the SGs got was down to those two, somewhat in secret, trying to throw us a hand while those around them twittled their thumbs in vain. (And, during his brief post-Guppy reign, when Canetti was contrite & apologized profusely for a lot of the FO "anti-Love" that had gone on, I was pretty appreciative that he at least was able to recognize it afterwards, since he wasn't able to stop it when it was going on. Not that he could/would have, but, I never got an apology from El Guapo. So, looking back, I don't hate on C-double really. He has done, so it seems, a reasonably good job in Houston with the SGs, up until the latest travel ban anyway.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users