98 replies to this topic

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Add Egypt to the all-time nationalities roster.

Wish we would have accomplished this by getting Mo Salah, but I'll take it!

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

what this is huge!!!

26 years old

6'3" 200 pounds Left footed CB

Not too quick but a strong and aggressive CB.

Great move IMO.

Making 90k, no idea how long his current deal is.

edit its huge if we bring back parker and he's 3rd CB

double edit - he was born in LA maybe he won't count as an international?

Let's not get crazy over the signing of this prospect. He was behind Redding on Orlando depth chart last year, wasn't full time starter this year on the worse defensive team in MLS. The guy as of now is a scrub with some potential who is yet to prove he is better than someone like Ndam.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

downside is it looks like he's gotten call ups from Egypt national team.  Not sure if that helps us given that Kemar/Long/Murillo/ maybe Parker will all be gone with the nats as well.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Let's not get crazy over the signing of this prospect. He was behind Redding on Orlando depth chart last year, wasn't full time starter this year on the worse defensive team in MLS. The guy as of now is a scrub with some potential who is yet to prove he is better than someone like Ndam.

He doesn't have to prove he is better than Ndam, we don't have Ndam.

Depth signing. I like that they had an immediate plan if Ndam was taken. Lot's of time to go before the season starts. I'm sure this is not the team's last move. 

If Robles got hurt Meara is a far more important backup than a guy who may end up being #4-6 on the CB depth chart. We have real depth as a team so we had to expose real players. Sh...t happens.

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut
On paper it makes sense. Hopefully by kickoff opening day he's CB 4 or lower on the depth chart

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Umm...he and Redding were never on the same team. And I'd say that by looking like the one Orlando defender who didn't suck he has proved more than Ndam did.

I don't think he's going to win defender of the year, but a cheap CB with MLS experience, who can also play LB is a godsend for this team. (And one who doesn't take up an international slot, to boot.)

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Because if we can agree on anything it's that Orlando is the pinnacle of player evaluation and getting the most out of players.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

First statement is just untrue. Yes he wasn't a full time starter but they changed coaches so I'm not blaming him. Im not sure what your threshold for scrub is but he's not it.

https://www.youtube....h?v=2pArXgJHPCM

Here is a 13 min youtube vid of his highlights from last year. Big physical, likes to go to ground, not scared going forward. Can play 2/3 CB formations, little experience at LB, no international slot, 80k salary. All good things, no he's not Vidic but Im pleased with this move.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
I thought Rivas was pretty good and then he came here and after one good performance turned into an overweight sack of potatoes, so I no longer assess Orlando players.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Because if we can agree on anything it's that Orlando is the pinnacle of player evaluation and getting the most out of players.

We got out of their players traded to us even less than they did.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Umm...he and Redding were never on the same team. And I'd say that by looking like the one Orlando defender who didn't suck he has proved more than Ndam did.

I don't think he's going to win defender of the year, but a cheap CB with MLS experience, who can also play LB is a godsend for this team. (And one who doesn't take up an international slot, to boot.)

I stand corrected on Redding and him not being on the same team, but some cheap player who was not a full time starter on the shittiest MLS defensive team is godsend? You mean like Redding last year? Not saying this guy will be as bad as Redding, but we are getting a back-up defender from the worst D in the League. I hope the guy beats the odds and turns out to be OK, but godsend? This is not a Parker acquisition we are talking about here.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

We got out of their players traded to us even less than they did.

You really forgot the year before we took Collin from them?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

https://www.youtube....h?v=2pArXgJHPCM

Nice video!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Tarek is STRICTLY cover. nothing more nothing less. he's gonna get starts during the int'l windows that the starting backline will be called up for. he'll start during Gold Cup, I assume. At most, he's CB3 in the depth chart. this means that they'll sign 1 or 2 ex RBAcademy players to take up the developmental slots in the depth chart. need one more CB, gonna need 6 to compete in all the competitions we'll be involved in.

i absolutely love silly season. all this speculation for days on end. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Sounds like a comparable player to Collin. Lets see if he gets minutes. Collin wasnt getting any towards the end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users